QM2: Is soap still provided in the self-service laundry?

frankp01

Anyone suggest a good time? Or not a good time?

If I had to guess I'd say 6 pm till close while everyone else is at dinner would be a good time. According to other forum members, occasionally people are lined up to do their washing when the laundrettes open.

I have no doubt I will wear some of the same clothes more than once. Need room in the case for purchases in NYC and London.

We have 5 days/4 nights in NY before coming on board. Those clothes will need washing - and as on holidays I am the designated washer I suspect I will be using it the first day on board.

Anyone suggest a good time? Or not a good time?

Yep as soon as you board if you board early

Yep as soon as you board if you board early

Exactly , It should be the first thing you do when unpacking .

Keep an eye on your clock ( or even set a timer) and return ASAP to remove them into a dryer, otherwise you'll find them removed and placed into a plastic basket ! ...........And please, don't like some get upset about this, I'm not waiting around until you decide to return. ;):')

Exactly , It should be the first thing you do when unpacking .

Keep an eye on your clock ( or even set a timer) and return ASAP to remove them into a dryer, otherwise you'll find them removed and placed into a plastic basket ! ...........And please, don't like some get upset about this, I'm not waiting around until you decide to return. ;):')

Perfectly reasonable. Good manners.

There are 5 Laundry rooms

Deck 10- near 1005

Deck 8 - near 8110

Deck 6 - near 6249

Deck 5 - near 5216

Deck 4 - near 4041

There is one on deck 11 as well, so 6 in total.

Too much wine tonight,

Yep forgot that one near 11006

If you wouldn't be seen dead in the same clothes twice on a TA, why do you have the need for a laundrette?

I'd have thought that was obvious but I'm happy to answer.

Firstly underwear and socks cannot be seen and secondly I usually need fresh clothes for my post voyage stay in New York.

Oh, and of course the laundrette does have an iron. :'):')

I'd have thought that was obvious but I'm happy to answer.

Firstly underwear and socks cannot be seen and secondly I usually need fresh clothes for my post voyage stay in New York.

Oh, and of course the laundrette does have an iron. :'):')

Ah yes, your smalls.

• 2 months later...
Yes it is. In pods, although I don't know what brand it was. Worked fine, though. And still free, of course.

I did love the free laundry -- such a civilized amenity.

At https://vp.cunard.com/Life-on-Board/Ship-Facilities-/ I see the following: "Each ship has a number of complimentary washing machines, dryers and irons at your disposal. Washing tablets can be purchased on board." Is this a change?

Thanks.

At https://vp.cunard.com/Life-on-Board/Ship-Facilities-/ I see the following: "Each ship has a number of complimentary washing machines, dryers and irons at your disposal. Washing tablets can be purchased on board." Is this a change?

Thanks.

We left the QM2 4 days ago and there was an ample supply of free laundry soap pods.

Yes, laundry soap is free. If they started charging, people would start bringing their own, and who knows what would end up in the ship's graywater!

One note regarding sending laundry and dry cleaning out: I was under the impression that "two days" to clean meant that, say, if I sent it out on Monday morning, I would get it back Wednesday evening. However, it appeared that the two days were the day I sent it out and the following day (so, if you sent it out on Monday morning, you would get it back Tuesday evening). Saved me a fortune on rush charges!