Costa Fascinosa

Marinton

I shall be taking a cruise on the Costa Fascinosa for the first time, My previous cruises were all on Norwegian Cruise Line..

Could you please tell me where I could find information such as: Voltage in the staterooms; Coffee/Tea or at least a kettle in the stateroom; Breafast/Lunch/Dinner times: Can you take water bottles on board.

I would love to join CC excursions as I had done in the past. I am taking a Mediterranean cruise. How can I know what Cruise Critic members have organised?

I shall be taking a cruise on the Costa Fascinosa for the first time, My previous cruises were all on Norwegian Cruise Line..

Could you please tell me where I could find information such as: Voltage in the staterooms; Coffee/Tea or at least a kettle in the stateroom; Breafast/Lunch/Dinner times: Can you take water bottles on board.

I would love to join CC excursions as I had done in the past. I am taking a Mediterranean cruise. How can I know what Cruise Critic members have organised?

Here goes:

Voltage is 220V with European type sockets which will take either Type C or Type F plugs see link:

http://www.worldstandards.eu/electricity/plugs-and-sockets/

No tea, coffee or kettles available in the cabins. Kettles are a forbidden item to bring onboard due the fire hazard risk, if found they will be confiscated. If you have booked a premium cabin you can get tea and coffee for free with room service breakfast. Take a thermos flask and fillit wihot water from the buffet.

Meal times will vary (even during one cruise), but basically breakfast 06:30 - 11:00 in various restaurants items are not all available in all restaurants and at all times. Lunch 12:00 - 14:30, dinner two sittings at about 18:00 and 20:30 or anytime dining 18:00 21:00.

No food or drink are allowed to be taken onboard, this is from Costa UK FAQ:

Can I bring food and beverages on board?

No food or drink purchased on land may be brought aboard. Any local products purchased during excursions can be handed to Security Costa staff for safekeeping and collected before disembarking at the end of the cruise.

Look for your cruise in the rollcall section:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=488

If you can't find your cruise, you can start one for your cruise. You may find the European rollcalls having little or no movement at all.

As G.M.T. wrote formally taking drinks onboard is forbidden but in real I had never problems with taking them onboard (small and big bottles with water, cola etc.). Staff only check if you do not bring alcohol but for non-alco drinks I had no problems so far. I had them very often in hand, put them to the scanner machine so everybody saw them.

... Staff only check if you do not bring alcohol ...

Even this is doesn't happen in all cases. I bought in Martinique three bottles of local rum and took them with me in plastic bags with even the name of the destillery on it and nobody cared about, so I took them to my cabin. In another case a nearly empty bottle of mineral water wasn't allowed to take aboard in Norway - which even has been more expensive than mineral water aboard. So you never know.