LA or Long Beach Disneyland then Cruise from San Pedro Need shuttle advice

pklein9747

We're doing a Princess 7-day California Coastal March 10 and have reservations at Disney's Grand California Resort at Disneyland 3 days before. We've never been to California before and need some advice.

First...which airport is best to fly into? We're planning on using JetBlue and can get a direct flight out of Orlando into LAX. However, the flight doesn't leave until 7:50pm and doesn't get into LAX until after 10 PST. That means we're flying for 6+ hours, we're tired, need to find luggage, and get to hotel all while we're exhausted. JetBlue also goes into Long Beach but we'd need to connect at JFK or BOSTON. We would, however, get in much earlier.

And how do we get from LAX or Long Beach to the Disney hotel? Shuttle, Uber, private car? Recommendations? Does one airport make much more sense than the other.

On the day of the cruise, what is the best way to get from Disney to San Pedro? There will most likely by 4 adults by that time as our friends will be meeting us in Disney (we hope).

We're planning on flying home out of Long Beach as the flight from LAX doesn't leave until 11:30 PM PST. What would we do all day???

Thanks

Pat

I’d rent a car. Execucar would be $55 one way. Just did a quick search on kayak. Pricing wasn’t too bad ~$70 pick up LAX/drop off LGB for your dates. Taxi/Uber/Shuttle from LGB isn’t that expensive. (Could drop off then only the driver needs a ride back)

There is an Enterprise across the street from port but they have short hours.

Getting in too early and you could hit rush hour. It lasts until almost 7. SNA (John Wayne/Santa Ana) is the closest airport to Disney.

Oh I wouldn't rent a car if you are staying at Disneyland.

That is too bad that you are getting in so late.

Closest airport to Disneyland would be John Wayne Airport (SNA is the airport code). Have you looked at Southwest. There is at least one flight with a stop but you wouldn't have to switch planes and a few with one stop where you would change planes. It's worth a look. Pricing is good and your fare will include two checked bags.

I would go LAX over Long Beach to get to Disneyland.

As to transport Execuar is a good option and we have used it many times including this past June getting from LAX to the Disneyland Hotel and from the Hotel over to San Pedro to board a ship. Uber is certainly another option.

The drive to the port at say 9:00 AM is about 60 minutes or up to 75 minutes in normal conditions on a weekday. You could leave at 10:00 AM and get there for the noon check in with plenty of time to spare.

Keith

I grew up out there and there is no way I would fly into LAX if I had the choice of SNA or LGB.

LAX means that you have miles and miles of high density traffic to deal with.

As for how to get around...I would use LGB, rent a car that could be returned to LGB, thus avoiding dropoff charges. Then Uber/Lyft to San Pedro.

Oh I wouldn't rent a car if you are staying at Disneyland.

That is too bad that you are getting in so late.

Closest airport to Disneyland would be John Wayne Airport (SNA is the airport code). Have you looked at Southwest. There is at least one flight with a stop but you wouldn't have to switch planes and a few with one stop where you would change planes. It's worth a look. Pricing is good and your fare will include two checked bags.

I would go LAX over Long Beach to get to Disneyland.

As to transport Execuar is a good option and we have used it many times including this past June getting from LAX to the Disneyland Hotel and from the Hotel over to San Pedro to board a ship. Uber is certainly another option.

The drive to the port at say 9:00 AM is about 60 minutes or up to 75 minutes in normal conditions on a weekday. You could leave at 10:00 AM and get there for the noon check in with plenty of time to spare.

Keith

Keith,

Thank you. I didn't even give a thought to Southwest and going into John Wayne. We have enough points to do Southwest there and JetBlue back out of Long Beach. I will also look into Execucar.