Viking Sky Room Temperature

NorskyGal

I'm interested in the ability to control the temperature in a Viking Sky Stateroom, because we sleep much better in a very cool room.

Does anyone know how low you can set the A/C in a Viking Sky stateroom?

Does anyone have experience using a portable fan on a cruise?

This may sound a little silly, but I'm all about the comfort!

I'm interested in the ability to control the temperature in a Viking Sky Stateroom, because we sleep much better in a very cool room.

Does anyone know how low you can set the A/C in a Viking Sky stateroom?

Does anyone have experience using a portable fan on a cruise?

This may sound a little silly, but I'm all about the comfort!

We also like the room cool, even when the temps outside are cool, and I don't remember having much trouble getting it cool enough for sleeping but then again, we were sailing the Med in January and Midnight Sun in June. Here are some of the things that we figured out.

• Do not sleep with the slider open. Not only won't it cool down your room but it will also effect the temps in your neighbors' cabins. Someone explained the science of it (and maybe he will be good enough to repeat it here).
  • Lower the room temp gradually, one or two degrees at a time until it is cool enough for you. Whenever I tried to do it in leaps, the system seemed to rebel.
  • I believe that the system has a fan that you can set to run constantly.
  • I don't remember how low we could set the temp (or if there were even numbers on the dial) but I like it at 68 or lower and I was comfortable and able to sleep.

Hope this helps.

another tip to remember in order to keep the room cool while you are gone is to leave a something in slot by the door that activates the lights and electricity. An old hotel room key or business card works great. It only takes a few reminders for the room stewards to remember NOT to remove it when they leave. We keep it on so the electricity to the receptacles will continue to charge all of our "things". If you are on the sunny side and out the room close your drapes. The room cooled off very quickly!

Another who likes the room cool. We are just off the Sea and had a problem with the warmth of the room. Had the room steward turn off the heated floor in the bathroom. That helped cool the room a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I will "second" the comment about the heated floors in the bathrooms! We had ours turned off ... we didn't particularly enjoy it (although we sailed in the summer) and it did heat up the bathroom to a very uncomfortable level ... I'm sure that will make the cooling of the outer room easier for the system as well!

We were on Viking Sea last July out of London. The outside temp was 84, sunny. We were on deck 8 so nothing above us.

It was too warm for our comfort so we called the front desk and went out for a drink.

When we returned less than an hour later someone from engineering had been in our room and left a report showing the room temp over 20 minute period and they got it down to 69 and left a signed report of their actions. There was an apparent problem with the fan which was fixed.

Quick response and happy ending.