On the sun today

stcroixguy

wow! I’m not trying to brag, but we are having a great time. Arrived on board today in Venice and the Viking staff had everything set up that it was seamless. Our DV4 cabin is great and has plenty of space for our things. We ate tonight at “the Restraunt” and it was wonderful. All of the reservations for The Italian speciality restraunt are gone, even before we sailed so make sure to make reservations ahead of time. All of the staff are great! You cruise critic members have helped us so much with your knowledge and advice THANK YOU. Viking has a free shuttle to near St Marks Square so an evening there is easy. So far, so great

wow! I’m not trying to brag, but we are having a great time. Arrived on board today in Venice and the Viking staff had everything set up that it was seamless. Our DV4 cabin is great and has plenty of space for our things. We ate tonight at “the Restraunt” and it was wonderful. All of the reservations for The Italian speciality restraunt are gone, even before we sailed so make sure to make reservations ahead of time. All of the staff are great! You cruise critic members have helped us so much with your knowledge and advice THANK YOU. Viking has a free shuttle to near St Marks Square so an evening there is easy. So far, so great

Just wait until you sail out of the harbor in Venice .We still remember it !Have a Great Cruise -We will see the crew in Miami in December ! No Snow for us this Year !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Also on the Sun, took a great boat ride with stcroix. Anyone have questions? We are in a PV3 (I think) room.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I Think? They are very nice cabins with great Balconies ! Don’t waste anytime - go have a beverage of your choice as you sail out in the Explorers Lounge ! The best in all of cruising !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Stcroixguy, We were on the maiden voyage with Viking Sun out of Venice. We were a V2 cabin so we couldn’t make any dinner reservations ahead of time. Just keep checking everyday on the specialty restaurants and be flexible and you’ll definitely get something. I did that daily and we got 2 nights at the chef table and one at Manfredi’s restaurant. We loved all of them😊Enjoy

These are terrific! Thanks so much for setting these up and please keep them coming. We are taking the same cruise in March.

If anyone is interested, here’s a link to the Viking Daily. Hope this works, please let me know if it doesn’t! Hosted on Google Drive, will update daily.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw6Qxcsz6bSjelZwT1RrT2tEbTA

These are terrific! Thanks so much for setting these up and please keep them coming. We are taking the same cruise in March.

Just remember that there may be changes in activities, etc. from cruise to cruise even on the same itinerary. Viking is always tweaking things.

We are taking the same cruise in March 2018 just wondering if you could tell me the prices of the extra excursions we are especially interested in the tour from Naples "Sorrento and Pompeii" thanks for posting the daily I am really enjoying reading them.

Just looked it up on the tv. The excursion Sorrento and Pompeii is $109 per person, at least for this trip. All of the excursions we have been have been excelllent. The guides have been local so they give bits of information that you would not get from a guide book.

Just looked it up on the tv. The excursion Sorrento and Pompeii is $109 per person, at least for this trip. All of the excursions we have been have been excelllent. The guides have been local so they give bits of information that you would not get from a guide book.

Thanks for the information are all the optional tours around the same price ? Did you take many of the included tours?

The optional tours range in price depending on the time and activity. For example, yesterday in Messina, one of the options was a helicopter tour, that was rather expensive if I remember correctly, but I think most of them range from $80 to $120. Of course, each day there is one that is included, I think they are mostly city tour types of excursions. The Viking Cruise also does a fantastic job in having a shuttle service to the city center. In Venice it was by boat. We also booked a couple of private tours. Today was spent driving and viewing the Amalfi Coast with Franco from Naples tour service, it was FANTASTIC! The day before was with Geo Franco from sicilywithsebastian from the Messina Terminal, again another great day.