Ensenada Wine tour

grooveynurse

Wondering if anyone has recommendations for private wine tours in Ensenada? We dock on NCL Bliss from 8-5...most companies I have seen so not accommodate that early of a departure time.

Does anyone know if we can simply hire a van to take us to a few wineries once we dock?

So far NCL has no excursions listed for Ensenada.

We just bought a condo at Rosarito Beach and have driven the Villa Guadalupe wine country once, it's well worth the trip. I have been researching tour companies in the area on a bunch of different expat blog sites so we don't have to drive next time and maybe can find a few places we couldn't this last time. The signage in Mexico isn't the best and many of the places are down dirt roads. Here's the tour company I found that got really high reviews.

https://wineroutebaja.com/

Does anyone know if we can simply hire a van to take us to a few wineries once we dock?

So far NCL has no excursions listed for Ensenada.

You can certainly hire a van. All of the drivers will know the way to the Valle. All you need to do is look up on line where you want to go in advance:

Here is a loop for you:

1) Wine Museum - along Highway 3 although I have never stopped and can't say if it is interesting or not

2) LA Cetto - Furthest point east and largest of the wineries

3) Return and drive though the town of Guadalupe, maybe stop if you see something interesting

4) Monte Xanic - Possible lunch spot alongside the pond / lake

5) Baron Balche - I like the underground tasting room

6) Las Nubes - for tapas/lunch and the view of the valley

7) El Cielo - attractive facility

Return to the ship! All of the sites above are on google and you could print a map in advance to give to a driver.

I highly recommend Mariana Hammann, a licensed tour guide who was born in Ensenada and speaks fluent English (her father is from St. Louis). Google "Tours by Mariana Ensenada" to find her Facebook page. The day we spent with her was the best of our cruise.