Tulip Time Cruise Recommendation

kliker

Just starting to plan an April/May 2018 Tulip cruise. Looking for cruise line recommendations and any tips/things to consider. We're two couples - mid 60s. Well traveled in Europe but mostly car trips. Not looking for the top of the line or the bottom either.

Thanks in advance.

April is too early for cruises in Northern Europe - My recommendation would be Serenade of the Seas May 7 - 7 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise from Copenhagen

Copenhagen, Stavanger, Bergen, Alesund, Geiranger and Copenhagen.

And no tulips - this is primarily in Holland You might also want to post in the forum British Isles /Western Europe which does cover The Netherlands.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We took a cruise to Norway from Rotterdam this past May on HAL ship Rotterdam.

We spent several days in Amsterdam before the cruise and loved it. One morning we went to Keukenhof - great place to see flowers. It runs April to Mid May, I wish we could have gone in April.

Or, check out Rhine river cruises. We took one on Avalon, Amsterdam to Basel many years ago. You could go in April or May.

A river cruise is the way to go, and I think pretty much all of the companies have itineraries that will get you to Keukenhof for one day during tulip season. But even though they are advertised as "tulip time" cruises, it's really just that one day that is devoted to flowers. If this is your main interest, you should plan a land trip that gives you a couple of days to visit Keukenhof and the surrounding tulip fields, and one morning in Aalsmeer for the flower auction. You can combine this with a cruise (ocean or river) before or after.

In general the best time for tulips is end of April/beginning of May in The Netherlands Depending how winter and spring are cold/warm etc. Best place is a visit to Keukenhof gardens.

You can do this either before/after or during a cruise with a stop in either in Amsterdam or Rotterdam. Be it a rivercruise or a regular cruise.