Copenhagen - what can you realistically see in 6 hours.

Trying to plan our own tour for a group arriving on Celebrity Eclipse in Aug 28, 2018. We will be in port 10am - 6pm. Planning to take the bus to Radhuspladsen and do a Canal Cruise, visit Rosenborg Castle, Nyhaven, Amalienborg Palace (outside). Will we have time for the National Museum and Christiansborg Castle? Appreciate your advice on what to drop, what to add.:)

Eclipse will dock at Langelinie - walking distance along the harbour and The Little Mermaid - 2.5 km (1.5 mile) from Langelinie to Nyhavn.

I will suggest to prioritise the Canal Cruise (1 hour) and a sight seeing walk including Nyhavn, and Amalienborg at noon for the royal guard change - Rosenborg Castle (the royal guard will start from here) - and the Rundetårn (Round Tower ) and Strøget (pedestrian Mile) - everything within a mile.

Few videos for inspiration - I did the filming within 4 hours - just a bit of planning.

PGQ-j39Kwng

scteUC-p-Kg

BKPTCLltnk4

9AonAQjtk-4

We had about the same amount of time, when we docked in Copenhagen. We didn't want any tours and opted for a great walking tour. We wrote to the Copenhagen Tourist Bureau and told them what we were looking for. They sent us back a great walking tour (similar to Rick Steve's). We also docked at Langeline, saw the Little Mermaid, walked to Nyhavn for the Canal Tour, did that, back to the Palace for the changing of the guard. Then we headed to the Stroget then to the main square. We then strolled to Rosenberg Castle (didn't do the tour) but enjoyed the Rose Gardens and then headed back to the ship. We still had a couple of hours so we stopped in a park, had some ice cream and met a couple of wonderful families and spent close to an hour chatting with them. Back to the ship with time to spare.

As was said, everything is in a very compact area and you can do it all in 5 hours easy, longer if you dally along, stop to eat or shop.

Cheers

Len

I am going to have less than 6 hours as I fly in that morning and am trying to squeeze in some sights prior to boarding.

I found a link to a cool app that has a bunch of different walking tours of copenhagen. There is a free (lite) version of the app too. It is in the app store, but here are some descriptions.

https://www.gpsmycity.com/gps-tour-guides/copenhagen-485.html

• 2 weeks later...

Nyhavn is a must.

The Rundetårn (Round Tower) was very cool and well worth it for nice views on a clear day. There is no lift inside if that is something you need to consider.

Strøget is a main activity hub full of shops. Royal Copenhagen's flagship is worth a look if you are into china.

I loved Tivoli Gardens but it would be tough to get much out of it during such a short visit unless it was your only focus for the day.

Skip the National Museum unless you are really into the history of Denmark as shown through archaeological artifacts. Don't expect a fine art museum; this is NOT the Louvre or the Prado.

Copenhagen is a gorgeous city filled with gorgeous people. It's a pity you don't have more time there but I would bet money you will want to return.

Agree definitely go to the Nyhavn area (have ice cream and a waffle/waffle cone at Vaffelbagaren! it's on a corner).

If you decide you have time to go on a boat ride in the canal, go to Netto boats for 1/2 the price of the Stromma boats.

You may also want to check out a free walking tour with Copenhagen Free Walking Tour or Sandemans to get a great overview. The "grand tours" are typically 2 1/2-3 hours. Copenhagen was great!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you go to Rosenborg Castle, do not bring a large purse. I had to check mine at the gift shop. Also, I didn't realize that the tickets had a timed entrance, so we ate at the café first and were mildly scolded for our late entry.

• 3 weeks later...