Next Round of Disney Itineries??????

ACoupleAtSea

The typical releases are 15-18 months before the cruises start. You'll see a lot of speculation based on past releases' date=' but reality is that DCL will release dates when they have locked in the port contracts and are ready.[/quote']

Yep. This.

And they're a little preoccupied figuring out what to do with the upcoming cruises that were slated for the Eastern Caribbean at the moment, so the release may be a little later than in years past.

There's also a new man at the helm of DCL, Anthony Connelly, who has replaced Karl Holz as president of New Vacation Operations and Disney Cruise Line. I would not be at all surprised to see some new itineraries and other changes to freshen things up. And of course there is the pending arrival of three new ships in the not-too-distant future which will undoubtedly result in changes, hopefully for the best.

We didn't see any huge changes initially when Karl Holz took over from Tom McAlpin, and I haven't seen anything big since Mr. Connelly took over. It will take time for him to learn the ropes before he starts changing things. Yes, the launch of the new ships in a few years should bring some changes, and there has always been a slow evolution.

The biggest recent change has been a lot more dictated from "shoreside," combined with the fact that the shoreside personnel in supervisory positions have many years onboard ship--for instance, Christiaan moved up from a main stage entertainer to (ultimately) Cruise Director, and is now shoreside head of entertainment. Other positions are being similarly filled by experienced people.

There has been a serious effort to standardize things among the 4 ships as well.

Connelly has only been in the corner office since October 1st, 11 days ago. I would hardly expect he would have made any major changes this quickly. And technically he won't be president until Karl Holz officially retires on February 15, 2018.

Connelly has only been in the corner office since October 1st, 11 days ago. I would hardly expect he would have made any major changes this quickly. And technically he won't be president until Karl Holz officially retires on February 15, 2018.

I didn't pay attention to that...just saw the announcement several months ago.

Just looking forward to putting a deposit down for a future cruise. I know the earlier u you do it. The better

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Most of the time, the above sentiment is accurate from a price standpoint. However, we've seen and sailed cruises that didn't increase in price from the initial announcement day until embarkation day. On the other hand, the rule is that the prices increase as the ships fill, so the earlier you can book, the sooner you lock in a price.

Hoping for BIG changes with the new guy.

I'm hoping for some new destinations, especially as the new ships come out. But DCL has to walk a fine line--they make more money per diem on short cruises, which also attract many who haven't cruised DCL previously. On the other hand, they have a large contingent of guests who have "been there, done that," and are looking for new locations...and in general those people prefer longer voyages.