Wonderful Copenhagen 2017 edition.

This is just for entering or exiting the Schengen area, since GB decided not to be a part of Schengen it has always been a requirement to show your passport when travelling to or from Great Britain from for example Denmark.

When flying to Spain, Italy or Norway I don´t go through immigration at the airport, they might check it at the gate but thats another thing.

How does the boarding work at the CPH cruise port? I believe I read that when you get to the port, get out of your taxi, that there are no porters to take your luggage from you. So, do you walk it into the terminal where there is some process for turning over your luggage to NCL personnel? Or do you walk your luggage up the counter where you check in for your cruise?

How does the boarding work at the CPH cruise port? I believe I read that when you get to the port, get out of your taxi, that there are no porters to take your luggage from you. So, do you walk it into the terminal where there is some process for turning over your luggage to NCL personnel? Or do you walk your luggage up the counter where you check in for your cruise?

For HAL - we pulled our luggage into the terminal and there was a place right inside door to drop off your luggage. Then you went over to the check in counter.

Danish Viking, good morning and HELP! I would like to download your step-by-step pictorial guide to bus travel from Norreport to Oceankaj. I checked this link https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2048740&page=11. However, all of the pictures have a message from Photobucket suggesting the need for an account update for the hosting site.

Do you recall whether you re-posted the pictures in the 2016 or 2017 threads of "Wonderful Copenagen?" (I wasn't able to find a link.) If not, could you post these pictures again? They are invaluable to those of us who are directionally challenged! In the meantime, thank you for all of your posts -- they are addictive!

Edited by tulch
Grammatical error

No sadly Photobucket wants 400 USD for hosting pictures on websites like this and since I´m not getting paid to do this work I´m not spending 400 USD for this.

I have a new account of Flickr so I probably do a new photoguide by next spring unless I can figure out to transfer the pictures from Photobucket to Flickr.

But there are many many pictures since I´m also active on Skyscrapercity.com so it will take some time to find them again.

Danish Viking, thank you for your quick response. I am sorry that it won't help me for my trip this upcoming weekend to Copenhagen, but I am hopeful that I will return and follow your pictorial guide soon.

Danish Viking, thank you for your quick response. I am sorry that it won't help me for my trip this upcoming weekend to Copenhagen, but I am hopeful that I will return and follow your pictorial guide soon.

I suggest in the meantime of using Google Earth. It will give you the streetviews of Norreport and Oceankaj

So far there the lines at the new passport control has been working without the long lines that was expected.

Saturday had 77.000 passengers in total (so around 20.000 through the passport control) and the longest line was only 17 minutes and the average waiting time was 3 minutes.

The first big test will be on Friday the 13th :-) when the autumn holidays starts and over 100.000 will go through the airport and roughly 25.000 through the passport control.

For now there are 31 lines in total at the C pier and F pier (low cost terminal) but from the new year there will be 35 as 4 more booths will be added at the C pier for arriving passengers.

We would have to change planes at London-Heathrow, before making it back to California. Since the port isn't that far from the airport, I was wondering what would be the most efficient way to get to the airport.

NCL had a shuttle that took you to the airport. You need to make a reservation on board. It was $30 pp. This would seem the most efficient. The taxi line was really long. I would not recommend it if you are in a hurry.

We took a bus that was $20 pp, but the driver came up and offered it to us while we were in the taxi line. I never did figure out how to arrange that ahead of time.We were not in a hurry.

Danish Viking thank you so much for starting this thread! I followed the 2016 thread too. I’m in your wonderful city and because of you, I took the metro from Crown Plaza to Nyhavn and did a canal ride. I’m a solo cruiser and I plan things in advance. I had everything planned out for my time here from researching things mentioned in this thread. I’m boarding NCL Getaway for the transatlantic cruise tomorrow. I want to travel here again so I can spend a little more time exploring and travel over to Sweden too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We would have to change planes at London-Heathrow, before making it back to California. Since the port isn't that far from the airport, I was wondering what would be the most efficient way to get to the airport.

With the added passport check you need to be at the airport in good time.

Normally the gate closes around 15-20 minutes before departure.

Add 20 minutes for check in, another 20 in security and probably around 30 minutes through the passport control and 5-10 minutes walk between the various places.

So no matter what transportation you choose then be at the airport around 08:30 and no later than 09:00 to be on the safe side.

If you take the bus you can catch the 27 bus at 07:07, 07:23 and 07:37 and be at the airport in around 50 minutes time, the are later departures but they will be cutting the time to close if something happens.

You just take the bus all the way to Østerport and from there take the train to Østerport.

Danish Viking thank you so much for starting this thread! I followed the 2016 thread too. I’m in your wonderful city and because of you, I took the metro from Crown Plaza to Nyhavn and did a canal ride. I’m a solo cruiser and I plan things in advance. I had everything planned out for my time here from researching things mentioned in this thread. I’m boarding NCL Getaway for the transatlantic cruise tomorrow. I want to travel here again so I can spend a little more time exploring and travel over to Sweden too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's good to hear. :)

Well, I didn't receive any responses about the Copenhagen Nobis Hotel in the thread that I started, so I'm thinking maybe I might get responses on this thread. I'm trying to decide between the Nobis and the Waterfront Marriott.

Thanks for any input.

Well, I didn't receive any responses about the Copenhagen Nobis Hotel in the thread that I started, so I'm thinking maybe I might get responses on this thread. I'm trying to decide between the Nobis and the Waterfront Marriott.

Thanks for any input.

Well look again ;p

So no matter what transportation you choose then be at the airport around 08:30 and no later than 09:00 to be on the safe side.

Thank you. We will likely skip the last breakfast on the ship, to save time. Is there a good place to get breakfast at the airport?

Well the airport has been awarded for its food offerings so It should be easy to find something.

Lagkagehuset would be my best bet or perhaps Starbucks for something more familiar.

Pret A Manger opens in a not so long time so that could be a good option.

Also the expanded area between pier A and B should open before next summer so maybe something exiting will open there as well.

Hello,I will be in Copenhagen 3 days before my transatlantic cruise to the states. While I am in the city can I use my Apple pay app in the stores with contact-less credit card machines? Counting the days for my visit to this beautiful city

Thanks

Hello,I will be in Copenhagen 3 days before my transatlantic cruise to the states. While I am in the city can I use my Apple pay app in the stores with contact-less credit card machines? Counting the days for my visit to this beautiful city

Thanks

Hi

You can use Apple Pay most places. I am not quite sure just how widespread it is because Apple Pay is not available for Danish consumers (yet).

Well the airport has been awarded for its food offerings so It should be easy to find something.

Lagkagehuset would be my best bet or perhaps Starbucks for something more familiar.

Thank you! We plan on arriving Friday, and spending the weekend in Copenhagen before the cruise departs Monday afternoon. What would you say is the one "must try" authentic Danish meal?