St Croix/St MAA

Tiggipaws

Hello

Sorry heading should read St Croix/St Maartan. Don't know what happened.

On my December sailing on the Eurodam, St. Maarten hasbeen replaced by St Croix. I have read on Cruise Critic news that the port of StMaarten is re-opening on November 11th. Is it likely that St Croixwill be replaced with St Maarten?

Also, my itinerary still says San Juan and Grand Turk, I believe the portat San Juan has re-opened and Grand Turk will be opening soon. Do you thinkthat it is OK to book excursions to these 2 ports?

Thanks

Edited by Tiggipaws
Heading Incorrect

Go ahead and book excursions. If HAL changes a port you'll get a refund.

Don't know if you have been on the Eurodam before or cruised in December but the ship will be all dressed up for the holidays. It's my DW's favorite time to sail. Our next cruise on Eurodam will be Jan 7th due to some family obligations. We are still scheduled to stop in St Maarten and San Juan but have no expectations of making either island. We are going to take a wait and see attitude. I know they are doing their best to get back on track but things go slow in the Caribbean. We are willing to go where ever they take us or spend 7 days aboard. It will be interesting.

Safe travels over the pond and have a great holiday.

As long as you are taking HAL excursions, agree -- go ahead and book excursions.

Should there be any changes, HAL will refund your money either one of 2 ways. If you get notification even a week before your cruise, the money will be credited back to your credit card. If the changes happen once you are on the ship, then your refund will be credited to your shipboard account. Should you have any shipboard credit left at the end of the cruise, then it will be credited back to your credit card.

I saw some notice somewhere on one of these forums that HAL will begin calling at St. Martin again on Jan. 1st. Unfortunately for us, we return to Fort Lauderdale on Dec. 31st aboard Eurodam. At this stage, we're along for wherever the ride takes us. Neither port will be in a stage of normalcy yet, which could make for an interesting visit. For the younger ones in our family group, this should make for a more educational and memorable experience than just having another day on a beach. I don't know if there will be any real opportunities to connect to the locals, but that would also be more worthwhile than just bargaining over a trinket.