3 new ships (not 2!)

moki'smommy

I'm hoping 5 ships on the DCL market will bring some of those prices down. As much as I'm a Disney fanatic, I simply haven't been able to fit these cruises in my budget as I generally extend my vacation on both sides of a cruise by a week or two.

if there really is an additional upper deck on the forward part, my guess is they've moved the concierge lounge.

On the Dream and Fantasy, the concierge lounge has no windows - no view.

It's the stupidest concierge lounge ever.

Perhaps in the new ships, they realized their mistake and moved it up on top to that new smaller window clad deck.

• 2 weeks later...

Having just come off the Fantasy, I hope when they design the new ships, they do a better job with the adult pool area. Unlike the Magic and Wonder, which have walking areas that go around the quiet cove pool, on the Dream and Fantasy, the quiet cove stretches from port to starboard, forcing those who want to get to the aft elevators to walk through the area. In most cases, younger guests travel through without causing a disturbance, but it's the constant traffic that's disconcerting. I recognize that Disney's main focus is families, but if you're going to go the effort of creating special areas just for adults, can you do a better job of making it a truly adult only area?

Having just come off the Fantasy, I hope when they design the new ships, they do a better job with the adult pool area. Unlike the Magic and Wonder, which have walking areas that go around the quiet cove pool, on the Dream and Fantasy, the quiet cove stretches from port to starboard, forcing those who want to get to the aft elevators to walk through the area. In most cases, younger guests travel through without causing a disturbance, but it's the constant traffic that's disconcerting. I recognize that Disney's main focus is families, but if you're going to go the effort of creating special areas just for adults, can you do a better job of making it a truly adult only area?

This has always been one of my major issues with DCL--"adult only" areas should be truly that, not walk thrus for children and families. On the Dream and Fantasy, it is difficult for guests staying in the far forward cabins to avoid walking thru the adult pool area. On the Magic and Wonder, those walking thru are making a choice to do so--they could easily traverse the distance on another floor, but opt to not do so. And DCL has abandoned efforts to stop them.

This has always been one of my major issues with DCL--"adult only" areas should be truly that' date=' not walk thrus for children and families. On the Dream and Fantasy, it is difficult for guests staying in the far forward cabins to avoid walking thru the adult pool area. On the Magic and Wonder, those walking thru are making a choice to do so--they could easily traverse the distance on another floor, but opt to not do so. And DCL has abandoned efforts to stop them.[/quote']

They could also walk through inside a deck below on the Dream and Fantasy but choose not to.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This has always been one of my major issues with DCL--"adult only" areas should be truly that' date=' not walk thrus for children and families. On the Dream and Fantasy, it is difficult for guests staying in the far forward cabins to avoid walking thru the adult pool area. On the Magic and Wonder, those walking thru are making a choice to do so--they could easily traverse the distance on another floor, but opt to not do so. And DCL has abandoned efforts to stop them.[/quote']

I just realized I said aft elevators. I got all turned around. I meant forward.

They could also walk through inside a deck below on the Dream and Fantasy but choose not to.

Totally true, but a little easier to understand when their cabin is on the same deck as the adult only area in question. It is really a matter of parenting/DCL enforcement. My now adult daughter has made comments about when she "wasn't allowed to walk thru those doors." There is no reason that a child needs to be in the adult areas!

Totally true' date=' but a little easier to understand when their cabin is on the same deck as the adult only area in question. It is really a matter of parenting/DCL enforcement. My now adult daughter has made comments about when she "wasn't allowed to walk thru those doors." There is no reason that a child needs to be in the adult areas![/quote']

Yes, I will generally give Concierge cabins on Deck 11 or 12 on the Dream Class ships a pass - that was bad planning on DCL's part with Deck 11 Concierge opening directly into the Adult area and Deck 12 Concierge opening to the deck above.

But the Classics and the other decks on the Dream Class...there is zero difference distance-wise between walking through hallways and walking through open air. ZERO. You still have to walk back to the midship area for the all-ages pool area. (And I see them do it (walk through the hallways) all the time when it's time for shows and meals, so it's not like they have issues walking by extra doors.)

On the Dream and Fantasy, the concierge lounge has no windows - no view. It's the stupidest concierge lounge ever.

I totally agree.

And please, put the Concierge cabins either midship or aft facing! Worst location (motion wise) are those cabins in the forward section of the ship

Yes, I will generally give Concierge cabins on Deck 11 or 12 on the Dream Class ships a pass - that was bad planning on DCL's part with Deck 11 Concierge opening directly into the Adult area and Deck 12 Concierge opening to the deck above.

But the Classics and the other decks on the Dream Class...there is zero difference distance-wise between walking through hallways and walking through open air. ZERO. You still have to walk back to the midship area for the all-ages pool area. (And I see them do it (walk through the hallways) all the time when it's time for shows and meals, so it's not like they have issues walking by extra doors.)

My point exactly. And while DCL has chosen to designate this area as "adult only," they have not chosen to enforce that. At one point they designated the starboard side only for "walking thru," and the parents had fits about their little angels having to walk thru the smoking area. Um....no one was making their kids go thru an adult only area at all. There are 7 other decks on the ship that they could use to walk from forward to midship and then go up to deck 9. If they don't like walking past cabin doors, they can use decks 3, 4, or 5 as their walkway. There is NO reason that a child or family needs to walk thru the adult area of the pool deck!

It is simply a matter of parenting--show the kid the sign. "Are you 18 or older? Then you are not permitted to pass this sign. Find another way to get to where you want to be." No, I don't hate kids (as has been suggested). I may hate "entitlement parents." You know, the ones who think that the few rules that exist do not apply to their family. When I choose to sit in a family area, I know that there will be kids everywhere. When I choose an "adult only" venue, I expect that the designation means "This is not a place for children."

My point exactly. And while DCL has chosen to designate this area as "adult only' date='" they have not chosen to enforce that. At one point they designated the starboard side only for "walking thru," and the parents had fits about their little angels having to walk thru the smoking area. Um....no one was making their kids go thru an adult only area at all. There are 7 other decks on the ship that they could use to walk from forward to midship and then go up to deck 9. If they don't like walking past cabin doors, they can use decks 3, 4, or 5 as their walkway. There is NO reason that a child or family needs to walk thru the adult area of the pool deck!

It is simply a matter of parenting--show the kid the sign. "Are you 18 or older? Then you are not permitted to pass this sign. Find another way to get to where you want to be." No, I don't hate kids (as has been suggested). I may hate "entitlement parents." You know, the ones who think that the few rules that exist do not apply to their family. When I choose to sit in a family area, I know that there will be kids everywhere. When I choose an "adult only" venue, I expect that the designation means "This is not a place for children."[/quote']

I 100% hear you!

My other “favorite” is when entitled parents purposely walk their little fears through an adult area (or INTO an adult area after hours) and then want to scold adults having ADULT conversations because “There are little ears here!” The little ears should not be there in the first place!

I 100% hear you!

My other “favorite” is when entitled parents purposely walk their little fears through an adult area (or INTO an adult area after hours) and then want to scold adults having ADULT conversations because “There are little ears here!” The little ears should not be there in the first place!

I actually saw the pub host stop a show when a parent brought in an infant. The host politely explained that this was an adult only venue after 9 pm and that the show could not resume until the child was removed. The parent actually tried to argue, "But he's just a baby and I need to feed him." The host held firm that the policy was no one under 18 years old could be there, sorry but you'll have to take him elsewhere...and did not in any way address the feeding issue. Good for David on this one for enforcing the policy! And I saw a French speaking family bring their little ones to Serenity Bay and then pretend to not speak English when confronted by a CM (I knew they spoke both as I'd seen them around the ship). When a French speaking CM arrived, they tried to argue that this is the way it is done in their country, the whole family together--again, points to the CM who pointed out that while they were at a Disney property, they'd have to abide by how things are done at Disney...and either take the kids to the programming or to the family beach

Unfortunately, these are the same sort of parents who have no idea of the behavior of their tweens around the ship, arrange "kid only" tables at dinner and then don't supervise those tables, etc. Sorry, but parenting responsibilities don't stop when on vacation. In fact, they likely increase as the offspring aren't being deposited at school, daycare, or with a nanny in most cases.

I do hope that the layout of the new ships makes it more difficult for kids to traipse thru adult areas though. The layout of the Dream and Fantasy was a mistake from that standpoint

I actually saw the pub host stop a show when a parent brought in an infant. The host politely explained that this was an adult only venue after 9 pm and that the show could not resume until the child was removed. The parent actually tried to argue' date=' "But he's just a baby and I need to feed him." The host held firm that the policy was no one under 18 years old could be there, sorry but you'll have to take him elsewhere...and did not in any way address the feeding issue. Good for David on this one for enforcing the policy! And I saw a French speaking family bring their little ones to Serenity Bay and then pretend to not speak English when confronted by a CM (I knew they spoke both as I'd seen them around the ship). When a French speaking CM arrived, they tried to argue that this is the way it is done in their country, the whole family together--again, points to the CM who pointed out that while they were at a Disney property, they'd have to abide by how things are done at Disney...and either take the kids to the programming or to the family beach

Unfortunately, these are the same sort of parents who have no idea of the behavior of their tweens around the ship, arrange "kid only" tables at dinner and then don't supervise those tables, etc. Sorry, but parenting responsibilities don't stop when on vacation. In fact, they likely increase as the offspring aren't being deposited at school, daycare, or with a nanny in most cases.

I do hope that the layout of the new ships makes it more difficult for kids to traipse thru adult areas though. The layout of the Dream and Fantasy was a mistake from that standpoint[/quote']

Agree 100%

I totally agree.

And please, put the Concierge cabins either midship or aft facing! Worst location (motion wise) are those cabins in the forward section of the ship

Totally agree! The one time we did concierge we had the worst motion. I didn't mind it but my son was laying in the pullman at night and it would make him sea sick. We moved him into our bed but he was sick to his stomach on and off when sleeping in our cabin. After 15 cruises, it was only time my son had motion sickness.

I actually saw the pub host stop a show when a parent brought in an infant. The host politely explained that this was an adult only venue after 9 pm and that the show could not resume until the child was removed. The parent actually tried to argue' date=' "But he's just a baby and I need to feed him." The host held firm that the policy was no one under 18 years old could be there, sorry but you'll have to take him elsewhere...and did not in any way address the feeding issue. Good for David on this one for enforcing the policy! And I saw a French speaking family bring their little ones to Serenity Bay and then pretend to not speak English when confronted by a CM (I knew they spoke both as I'd seen them around the ship). When a French speaking CM arrived, they tried to argue that this is the way it is done in their country, the whole family together--again, points to the CM who pointed out that while they were at a Disney property, they'd have to abide by how things are done at Disney...and either take the kids to the programming or to the family beach

I do hope that the layout of the new ships makes it more difficult for kids to traipse thru adult areas though. The layout of the Dream and Fantasy was a mistake from that standpoint[/quote']

I would give a pass to nursing mothers, making them choose between feeding their kid and being able to enjoy adult entertainment is a horrible thing to do. The infant will not understand and chances are will be asleep very quick while nursing.

I would give a pass to nursing mothers, making them choose between feeding their kid and being able to enjoy adult entertainment is a horrible thing to do. The infant will not understand and chances are will be asleep very quick while nursing.

Unless they start crying. Otherwise I totally agree.

As a former nursing mother, I disagree. If there's an activity that I wanted to do I would see that my child was fed before I went, and/or prepared a bottle for someone else to feed him/her in my absence.

The minute you start to make exceptions, you open a whole can of worms. First, they'd have to define "infant." I was quite shocked the first time I saw a 6 year old standing to nurse while his mother sat on a couch. I do realize this isn't the norm, but there are those people who do it. Is the cut off age 1? 2? Do the staff then have to card infants? Then, what happens when the baby cries? Or how much crying is allowed before the mother and child need to exit? Or the child spits up and it hits the person seated next to them. Why should mother A be able to bring her breastfed baby while mother B has to pay for nursery time for her bottle fed child?

If you allow a nursing child in the nightclub, are they also allowed at Serenity Bay? (which I have seen a family try!) Again, if I go there, I want to relax without hearing someone's child cry or fuss.

A mother can adjust a feeding schedule in order to free up an hour or even two by feeding (or topping up, as I used to call it) just before time to leave for an activity. The child can then go to the nursery or remain with grandma or whatever arrangements the parents have made for some away time on the ship. Alternatively, the mother can pump and leave a bottle for the caregiver. "Guests 18 and over" is clear. Any variation is only going to cause issues.

The minute you start to make exceptions' date=' you open a whole can of worms. First, they'd have to define "infant." I was quite shocked the first time I saw a 6 year old standing to nurse while his mother sat on a couch. I do realize this isn't the norm, but there are those people who do it. Is the cut off age 1? 2? Do the staff then have to card infants? Then, what happens when the baby cries? Or how much crying is allowed before the mother and child need to exit? Or the child spits up and it hits the person seated next to them. Why should mother A be able to bring her breastfed baby while mother B has to pay for nursery time for her bottle fed child?

If you allow a nursing child in the nightclub, are they also allowed at Serenity Bay? (which I have seen a family try!) Again, if I go there, I want to relax without hearing someone's child cry or fuss.

A mother can adjust a feeding schedule in order to free up an hour or even two by feeding (or topping up, as I used to call it) just before time to leave for an activity. The child can then go to the nursery or remain with grandma or whatever arrangements the parents have made for some away time on the ship. Alternatively, the mother can pump and leave a bottle for the caregiver. "Guests 18 and over" is clear. Any variation is only going to cause issues.[/quote']

I agree that people will not use common sense and push the limits. And as long as the infant is quiet, I don't have any issues.

We bought both of our kids earmuffs to use and they worked great, even when the fireworks were going off, the youngest (3 months) didn't wake up.

i still disagree

if it's adult, it's adult

no exceptions

i for one don't want babies there...i don't want strollers there....it's an adult venue so i'm there to be with adults...not babies...

and yes, i have kids....loved having kids.....though i was a high powered whatever, i chose to stay home for 14 years with the kids and it was the best job i ever had...

and i enjoy taking care of the grandkids now...

but if i'm some place where kids are not supposed to be, then they're not supposed to be there.....be they 1 day old or older...

if you can't part from then, then don't come..