Hamburg Cruise Terminal Steinwerder

Can anyone comment on the transport into the city centre from Steinwerder, we are in port on a Sunday and have heard that there is no public transport at the weekends. How good is the shuttle service and or any other information would be appreciated. We will not be dis-embarking just in for the day 0700-1830.

thanks in advance

Can anyone comment on the transport into the city centre from Steinwerder, we are in port on a Sunday and have heard that there is no public transport at the weekends. How good is the shuttle service and or any other information would be appreciated. We will not be dis-embarking just in for the day 0700-1830.

thanks in advance

I have been watching for a response from someone experienced. My understanding is that the ferries do run on Sundays but with schedules limited. Check this out for yourself: http://www.hadag.de/english/harbour-ferries.html.

The PDF of ferry 75 has this for the weekends:

Travel times depend on the tide.

On Saturdays and Sundays as well as Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.

On trip advisor, one recommended ferry 72 from Landungsbrücken to Argentinienbrücken.

From Landungsbrücken, you can ride S Bahn or U Bahn or buses to desired location.

I am only presenting what my research has shown--I have 10 more months to figure it out.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Rhea98,

thank you very much for your replies, as you say the cruise gate shuttle looks good and I suppose the Ship will have Pay for Shuttles as well. Will still keep looking 3 months to go yet and after we have been I will post how we got on.

:D

Rhea98,

thank you very much for your replies, as you say the cruise gate shuttle looks good and I suppose the Ship will have Pay for Shuttles as well. Will still keep looking 3 months to go yet and after we have been I will post how we got on.

:D

Thank you. Your info will certainly help me! Have you tried the JMHamburg thread? That poster is very helpful.

• 3 months later...

thanks in advance

Well, now back, got to Hamburg and got off the ship asked at the tourist information desk about the shuttle, he said to get on the white bus which would take us to the train station which we did. On getting off the bus I asked the guide what time the buses ran till and was informed that we shouldn't have been on the bus as it was for disembarking passengers only and we should have got tickets (2:50 euro) for the transfer bus, Whoops. Anyway after a free bus to the city centre we had a walk around and looked in the windows of the CLOSED shops (Sunday visit) and other sites around the town before getting a Taxi back to Steinwerder, when asked the driver said the fare would be 30-35 euros, but in the end was only 24 euro, so even with a tip the round trip was cheaper than the MSC shuttle which was 15:90 euro pp and still would have been if we had bought tickets for the outward bus trip.