My review of a cruise in the Meraviglia Yacht Club

Skier52

Thanks so much for your review. Please, do you remember at what time start the YC embark in Genova?

We touched down at 10:50 and were at the port by 11:25 and we went straight to the YC tent and were seen to straight away so the embarkation was underway before 11:30.

I can't give a specific time at which it is possible to board

I saw on a Meraviglia video that there are certain covered loungers reserved for Royal Suite guests. Were any of those available for non-Royal Suite guests? Either way, do you have any photos of that area?

There are 3 wicker cabanas, 2 for the royal suites and 1 other on our cruise.

luckily they had left the reservation details for the non-royal suite one and it was our cabin number so I had a go in it

They are on the starboard side of the one deck

P1080748.jpg

P1080751.jpg

They are only available by prebooking with you normal booking they cannot be book when on board

We touched down at 10:50 and were at the port by 11:25 and we went straight to the YC tent and were seen to straight away so the embarkation was underway before 11:30.

I can't give a specific time at which it is possible to board

Thank you so much.

Nice review. And you looked sharp in your tux.

Thank you for those kind words.

I always wear a dinner jacket on formal nights, mainly because it's a sort of British thing to do, probably something to do with my upbringing in a military environment. My father was in the forces and I attended a Military boarding school in the UK, where being turned out smartly in the correct attire on all occasions was part of the ethos at the school.

Pete

Thank you for those kind words.

I always wear a dinner jacket on formal nights, mainly because it's a sort of British thing to do, probably something to do with my upbringing in a military environment. My father was in the forces and I attended a Military boarding school in the UK, where being turned out smartly in the correct attire on all occasions was part of the ethos at the school.

Pete

Thank God for people like you.

Thank you very much for your review!

Do you know, how to book the YC-cabanas? I did not find anything similar in the "**** your cruise" section...?

Do you have to call MSC ?

I was informed that you book one when you make your reservation. presumably by talking to somebody at the MSC offices of your region.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Great information in your review - thank you! We're on Seaside in December so I was curious and pleased to see the configuration of your suite. The shorter wider room does look much better. I'm hoping it's the same on Seaside. I think we'll have tall wardrobes rather than walk in closets. I noticed the other day that Seaside YC suites don't have a bathtub, so I suspect it will be a similar configuration to yours on Meraviglia. I'm surprised about the loungers in One Pool - that was one thing I loved about YC on the Divina...there were always an abundance of loungers, even on the busiest of sea days.

Thank you for posting!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Pete for the wonderful review. We are sailing with Meraglivia in the YC cabins in early December. Could you kindly advise how we can make reservations for the Cirque shows? It wouldnt be too late to book onboard right?

We will by flying to Genoa from Stansted a day before the cruise.

Secondly, how did the cruiseline organized excursions go?

Thank you very much.