Seaside itinerary change

YellowDog

I apologize if everyone knows this already, but it seems that in addition to Antigua being added to replace St. Maartin, San Juan is now being replaced by St. Thomas on Eastern Caribbean cruises. At least that is what is showing currently on mine (3/17/18)

We sail on Jan 6, 2018 and rather than the eastern trip that was scheduled, we are now going west. Change happened today — checked online and there it was!

754850778ec8c725020e702d7b670ef8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This was posted to their website today. Unfortunately only your sailing got switched! Sorry about that. It probably has to do with availability at the ports (to accommodate all the cruise lines).

MSC Seaside

For the MSC Seaside cruise departing from Miami on January 6, the Eastern Caribbean itinerary will be replaced with a Western Caribbean itinerary calling at Nassau (Bahamas), Ocho Rios (Jamaica), Georgetown (Cayman islands) and Costa Maya (Mexico). Please contact our Reservations Center at 1-877-665-4655 for any concerns you may have.

For the following 7-night Eastern Caribbean MSC Seaside sailings departing from Miami, St. John’s (Antigua and Barbuda) will be replacing Philipsburg (St. Maarten) and Charlotte Amalie (St. Thomas) will be replacing San Juan (Puerto Rico). In addition, all the below itineraries will visit Nassau, with the exception of the February 17 sailing, which will call at Freeport. (Please note that the website itineraries will be updated momentarily.) :

• • Departing December 23, 2017
  • • Departing January 20, 2018
  • • Departing February 3, 2018
  • • Departing February 17, 2018
  • • Departing March 3, 2018
  • • Departing March 17, 2018

This was posted to their website today. Unfortunately only your sailing got switched! Sorry about that. It probably has to do with availability at the ports (to accommodate all the cruise lines).

MSC Seaside

For the MSC Seaside cruise departing from Miami on January 6, the Eastern Caribbean itinerary will be replaced with a Western Caribbean itinerary calling at Nassau (Bahamas), Ocho Rios (Jamaica), Georgetown (Cayman islands) and Costa Maya (Mexico). Please contact our Reservations Center at 1-877-665-4655 for any concerns you may have.

For the following 7-night Eastern Caribbean MSC Seaside sailings departing from Miami, St. John’s (Antigua and Barbuda) will be replacing Philipsburg (St. Maarten) and Charlotte Amalie (St. Thomas) will be replacing San Juan (Puerto Rico). In addition, all the below itineraries will visit Nassau, with the exception of the February 17 sailing, which will call at Freeport. (Please note that the website itineraries will be updated momentarily.) :

•  
  • • Departing December 23, 2017

• • Departing January 20, 2018

• • Departing February 3, 2018

• • Departing February 17, 2018

• • Departing March 3, 2018

• • Departing March 17, 2018

Thanks, but this is fine with me! I prefer the western route.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is so strange. So, now the eastern itinerary changed to a western, and the western itinerary that was suppose to be on the ship the week behind the Jan. 6th sailing, is going to be eastern? Why didn't they just keep the Eastern on Eastern and the Western on Western. We were just told that we were going to Antigua to replace St. Maarten, and St. Thomas to replace San Juan, and now they did a complete switch-a-roo?

we are informed the change is:

• Sa 03.03.18
    • Port: Miami / USA 17:00

[*]

• Datum: So 04.03.18
    • Port: Nassau / Bahamas : 08:00: 15:00

[*]

• Datum: Mo 05.03.18
    • Seaday

[*]

• Datum: Di 06.03.18
    • Port: San Juan / Puerto Rico: 10:30 20:00

[*]

[*]

• Datum: Do 08.03.18
    • Seaday

[*]

• Datum: Fr 09.03.18
    • Seaday

[*]

• Datum: Sa 10.03.18
    • Port Miami / US 07:00

This is so strange. So, now the eastern itinerary changed to a western, and the western itinerary that was suppose to be on the ship the week behind the Jan. 6th sailing, is going to be eastern? Why didn't they just keep the Eastern on Eastern and the Western on Western. We were just told that we were going to Antigua to replace St. Maarten, and St. Thomas to replace San Juan, and now they did a complete switch-a-roo?
Where did you see that the 1/13-20 itinerary has changed from western to eastern? I have seen port stops as 1/15 Jamaica, 1/16 Caymans 1/17 Cozumel 1/19 Nassau.

The only change is to the 1-6 sailing.

The 12-23 is eastern (as scheduled), 12-30 is western (as scheduled), 1-6 changed to western, 1-13 remains western (as scheduled).

Where did you see that the 1/13-20 itinerary has changed from western to eastern? I have seen port stops as 1/15 Jamaica, 1/16 Caymans 1/17 Cozumel 1/19 Nassau.

Ok, I went back and re-read, and you're right. I misunderstood. So, I guess that means that those that decided to go on a 14 day cruise, is going to the same ports twice? Like two 7 day Westerns? I'm actually glad that we transferred over to the Western, because I was not looking forward to going to St. Thomas with the condition that it's in. I've seen videos of that place and I did not want to take a tour up to Mountain Top to see the devastation there. It's so sad. We seen it when it was beautiful, and wasn't looking forward to seeing it all torn up.

I wish they would hurry and confirm our 10 night 15 February Divina itinerary!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This was posted to MSC's website on 10/17:

For the long Eastern Caribbean cruises in January and February 2018, itineraries are as follows (Please note that the website itineraries will be updated momentarily.):

• Departing January 3, 2018: Charlotte Amalie (St. Thomas), Oranjestad (Aruba) and Willemstad (Curaçao) will be replacing San Juan (Puerto Rico), Road Town/Tortola (British Virgin Islands), Basseterre (St Kitts & Nevis) and Nassau (Bahamas)
  • Departing January 25, 2018: Pointe-a-Pitre (Guadeloupe) and Charlotte Amalie (St. Thomas) will be replacing Philipsburg (St Maarten) and Road Town/Tortola (British Virgin Islands)
  • Departing February 15, 2018: Charlotte Amalie (St. Thomas), Bridgetown (Barbados) and Pointe-a-Pitre (Guadeloupe) will be replacing St. John (Antigua and Barbuda), Philipsburg (St. Maarten), Road Town/Tortola (British Virgin Islands) and Freeport, Bahamas

This was posted to MSC's website on 10/17:

For the long Eastern Caribbean cruises in January and February 2018, itineraries are as follows (Please note that the website itineraries will be updated momentarily.):

•  
  • Departing January 3, 2018: Charlotte Amalie (St. Thomas), Oranjestad (Aruba) and Willemstad (Curaçao) will be replacing San Juan (Puerto Rico), Road Town/Tortola (British Virgin Islands), Basseterre (St Kitts & Nevis) and Nassau (Bahamas)

• Departing January 25, 2018: Pointe-a-Pitre (Guadeloupe) and Charlotte Amalie (St. Thomas) will be replacing Philipsburg (St Maarten) and Road Town/Tortola (British Virgin Islands)

• Departing February 15, 2018: Charlotte Amalie (St. Thomas), Bridgetown (Barbados) and Pointe-a-Pitre (Guadeloupe) will be replacing St. John (Antigua and Barbuda), Philipsburg (St. Maarten), Road Town/Tortola (British Virgin Islands) and Freeport, Bahamas

Thank you it is now also on the U.K. site.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

new change from yesterday - Departure Feb 24th

Day 1: Miami, Florida, Departure 19:00h

Day 2: seaday

Day 3: Ocho Rios, Jamaika 09:00-17:00h

Day 4: George Town, Cayman Islands 08:00-16:00h

Day 5: Cozumel, Mexiko 10:00-18:00h

Day 6: seaday

Day 7: Nassau, Bahamas 09:00-16:00h

Day 8: Miami, Florida 07:00h

Day 9: nassau, Bahamas 08:00-15:00h

Day 10: seaday

Day 11: Charlotte St. Amalie 12:00-20:00h

Day 12: St. Johns, Antigua and Barbuda 08:00-18:00h

Day 13: seaday

Day 14: seaday Day

15: Miami, Florida, Ankunft 07:00h

new change from yesterday - Departure Feb 24th

Day 1: Miami, Florida, Departure 19:00h

Day 2: seaday

Day 3: Ocho Rios, Jamaika 09:00-17:00h

Day 4: George Town, Cayman Islands 08:00-16:00h

Day 5: Cozumel, Mexiko 10:00-18:00h

Day 6: seaday

Day 7: Nassau, Bahamas 09:00-16:00h

Day 8: Miami, Florida 07:00h

Day 9: nassau, Bahamas 08:00-15:00h

Day 10: seaday

Day 11: Charlotte St. Amalie 12:00-20:00h

Day 12: St. Johns, Antigua and Barbuda 08:00-18:00h

Day 13: seaday

Day 14: seaday Day

15: Miami, Florida, Ankunft 07:00h

doing the exact same 2 weeks - but this was announced a little while back - its just that MSC doesnt seem to send out these changes, but you just need to look for it -