? Zuiderdam Catagory F cabin 1001 or 1002

Hflors

DH and I are looking at a cruise on the Zuiderdam. I want a balcony, but dh says since we are crossing the Atlantic and it can get rough he thinks we should get a cabin down low. This cabin is on the main deck right in back of the show lounge.

Have you stayed in either of these cabins? Was there any noise from the show lounge? Did it bother you? Were they larger than the other "F" cabins? Any other info you have on either of these would be appreciated.

Please excuse me if these cabins have been discussed before, I thought there was a thread, but I can't find it.

If you are worried about motion, you should not get a cabin that far forward. That is where the pitching motion is worst. Down low only only eases the rolling component.

There are pictures and comments about Eurodam 1001 HERE and 1002 HERE

Edited by catl331

If you are worried about motion, you should not get a far forward cabin. That is where the pitching motion is worst. Down low only only eases the rolling component.

We also picked these cabins because they have "shower" only. Dh had trouble getting in and out of Hal's tubs.

These are my favorite cabins. My preferred location is as low and as forward as possible. I had Cabin 1001 on the Zuiderdam last year for the end-of-season southbound Canada/New England cruise from Quebec to Ft. Lauderdale. It was a great location, even when we hit the rough seas for two days! While we did slide out of bed when we hit a really, really rough wave, it was nothing like my parents had on Deck 4.

I have Cabin 1002 booked on my upcoming December 2017 Partial Canal Transit cruise. My parents have Cabin 1001 booked. I am anxious to see the changes to the ship post-dry-dock.

On my 2016 cruise, the bed were below the window not closer to the cabin door as they are on the Eurodam (the link to the Eurodam Cabin 1001 earlier in the thread links to my photos/review). I actually prefer the bed to be under the window as I think it makes the room feel a bit bigger and more spacious. I did not hear any noise from the show lounge on the Zuiderdam. I will definitely report on the condition of the Cabins when I get back from my December cruise.