Shore Excursion Sold Out

nast

Looking for a shore excursion for next month.

Unfortunately for the tour I wanna book there is only 1 spot left instead of 2.

Any recommendations on what to do ?

Should I book 1 spot, and will Viking try to add one more spot ?

How about Cancellation policies ?

Is it a excursion offered “free”? If so, call Viking and get on a waiting list. They don’t add additional tours unless demand exceeds capacity. If it is a paid excursion, again call and ask to be put on a waiting list. People do cancel and spots open up. Putting it on your wish list does not translate into demand with Viking.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is it a excursion offered “free”? If so, call Viking and get on a waiting list. They don’t add additional tours unless demand exceeds capacity. If it is a paid excursion, again call and ask to be put on a waiting list. People do cancel and spots open up. Putting it on your wish list does not translate into demand with Viking.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm gonna disagree. Waiting lists can be a dead end. Putting your name on the list let's them know there is interest but follow through is weak. Best bet is to check MVJ daily between now and when advanced booking closes 14 days out to see if places have opened up. Be proactive.

Cancellation policy is something like 36 hours in advance and unless the tour in question is on day 2 or 3, I would book what you can now and then work to add the additional spot. The odds are good that if you board the ship with two seats at different times that you will be able to fix it. If you only have one seat but time to cancel after you board, hang on to that seat and see what you can do once you board

For exact cancellation policy go to MVJ shorex section and look at the bottom of the page for the link to terms and conditions.