Canada/NewEngland which line?

NancyL2

Trying to decide which cruise line for a Canada/NewEngland cruise for late September 2016? Suggestions.

What lines have you cruised on before? Did you like them or are you looking for a change?

Do you like shorter cruises or longer--how many days do you want to cruise? Do you like more port intensive cruises?

You need to do some homework then come back and ask questions about your selections. Since we don't know what you like, it is hard to help you.

• 3 weeks later...

In early Sept. 2015, we're sailing on the Celebrity Summit, which does RT cruise out of Port Liberty, NJ. It's a 14-nt cruise. Other lines offer shorter cruises: Royal Carib., HAL, NCL, Princess. One advantage of RT is cheaper airfare, compared to leaving from US and returning from Canada or vice verse.

Edited by BarbinMich

Pretty much none of the itineraries are identical. If ports are most important to you, choose by itinerary. If line is most important to you, choose by the one you prefer. If both are "OK" with either, choose by best date and/or price.

HAL's Maasdam does a fabulous 7 day itinerary, Boston to Montreal and the reverse, Montreal to Boston. I have done that cruise many times and love it. Six ports in seven days....... Boston, Bar Harbour, Halifax, Sydney, Charlottetown, Quebec City to Montreal. She then does the itinerary in reverse back to Boston. It's a wonderful cruise.

We always sailed that b-to-b and made it 14 days round trip.

Edited by sail7seas

Did 7 day Round trip from NY on Princess, which was one of my favorites, tho we took last cruise of the season in October, and ran into a noreaster for first full seaday, but the rest was great. And we prefer Princess anyway-think they have some of the best food. Really loved the Titanic tour in Halifax plus the merritime museum has some good stuff on 1917 Halifax explosion.

Also did Norwegian Gem RT from NY 10 day to quebec and back. Not thrilled with Norwegian--had a great time, just not big on anytime dining, and food I thought was so-so--but everyone else has only one-way to or from quebec, so it worked great, and spend two days in Quebec. and can still do the Halifax tours.

• 1 year later...
HAL's Maasdam does a fabulous 7 day itinerary, Boston to Montreal and the reverse, Montreal to Boston. I have done that cruise many times and love it. Six ports in seven days....... Boston, Bar Harbour, Halifax, Sydney, Charlottetown, Quebec City to Montreal. She then does the itinerary in reverse back to Boston. It's a wonderful cruise.

We always sailed that b-to-b and made it 14 days round trip.

This is the one cruise I am dying to go on. Problem is, summer time is not a good time to take vacation at my job. we live an hour south of Montreal and I wonder if it's better to leave from Boston and return to Montreal or vice versa? I keep saying some day we're going to do that cruise and hopefully it will be sooner rather than later!!

In early Sept. 2015, we're sailing on the Celebrity Summit, which does RT cruise out of Port Liberty, NJ. It's a 14-nt cruise. Other lines offer shorter cruises: Royal Carib., HAL, NCL, Princess. One advantage of RT is cheaper airfare, compared to leaving from US and returning from Canada or vice verse.

I see you did this trip last year too, so obviously you liked it. Can you tell us about it? We just booked for 2017. Very excited.

• 1 year later...
Are you flying into Quebec or Montreal? How do I transfer from Montreal to Quebec?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is an old thread from 2015. I suggest you start a new thread with your question and provide details about what your dates and ship.

• 2 weeks later...

We've done this route numerous times, but, most recently have sailed a pair of New England/Canada cruises on the Regal Princess.

Beautiful ship, only a few years old does a 7-night round trip Brooklyn with stops in Newport, RI - Boston, Ma. - Bar Harbor, Me. - Saint John, NB and Halifax, NS - great ports, ship and staff and top-notch, food is delicious.

If you can spring for Club Class it's worth every penny really excellent service.

Happy Cruising.

Jonathan

Are you flying into Quebec or Montreal? How do I transfer from Montreal to Quebec?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If I 'get it', you are already booked on a cruise from Quebec...is that it?

Since there are a lot more flights into Montreal, and they usually are less expensive, many people do that, and also tour Montreal as a bonus.

You can take VIA Rail, Orleans Express (bus), or rent a car to tour Montreal in and then drive to Quebec City.