First time to NOLA

Funbobby68

Hey all

Have booked a cruise out of NOLA arriving in NOLA feb 20 and sailing out feb 23 .

I have many questions as this is the first time out of this port and want to go prepared.

We are booked at the Omni Royal Cresent . Anyone with any feedback on this accommodation

We will be checking out French quarter , taking in some evening jazz , most likely on our first night ,For the jazz.

But what else is there that is a must to check out , will be in search of the best seafood / raw oysters, some local shopping, wife,and I normally just roam aimlessly, not museum people, more about finding the out of the way place , with authentic food

Sure I will have more questions,but I will start with that

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hey all

Have booked a cruise out of NOLA arriving in NOLA feb 20 and sailing out feb 23 .

I have many questions as this is the first time out of this port and want to go prepared.

We are booked at the Omni Royal Cresent . Anyone with any feedback on this accommodation

We will be checking out French quarter , taking in some evening jazz , most likely on our first night ,For the jazz.

But what else is there that is a must to check out , will be in search of the best seafood / raw oysters, some local shopping, wife,and I normally just roam aimlessly, not museum people, more about finding the out of the way place , with authentic food

Welcome! I've stayed at Omni Royal Crescent but it's been awhile. Jan 2010 NFC Championship game...and it ended up being the Vikings team hotel. Location is great. You're a block from the French Quarter. You should try charbroiled oysters if you haven't already. I go to Dragos, ACME, or Felix's for oysters. If you're looking for fine dining check out Antoine's. For Jazz Preservation Hall, The Davenport Lounge (Ritz Carlton on Canal), Jazz Playhouse (Royal Sonesta on Bourbon), Fritzel's (Bourbon Street). Here is a site with some restaurant ratings that may help you. CBD and French Quarter are going to be the closest to you. Warehouse District if you want to stretch it to the Convention Center/Port area.

https://nomenu.com/41504-2/

Google the oldest restaurants in New Orleans and go to them. Google the cocktails invented in New Orleans and go to those bars. Google Foods invented in New Orleans Like Bananas Foster and go eat them.

• 1 month later...
Hey all

Good afternoon Funbobby.

Check out my review of New Orleans, we had a superb time...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2017/12/29/one-way-to-do-new-orleans-part-1/

24032464937_9b8e8d65b2_z.jpg

You'll be there for what we call "Mardi Gras Lite". It's the weekend before the big Mardi Gras parades - but there will be some parades that weekend - just not the big ones.

Any advice on where to be and what to see , is there some kind of schedule of events .... not sure what to expect

• 4 weeks later...