Cruising with young children

Edehoratius

Most cruise lines have age based children's clubs on board that will provide activities for children to do every day. I'm sure NCL is no different. Check their website for information and sign them up when you board. Pack what you would normally pack for them for any vacation. Also check NCL's website for shore excursion information for your ports of call or check the CC Port of Call board at the following link for additional information.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

If the 2 year old is in diapers, bring ALL you will need, along with wipes, lotions, etc...the ship does NOT sell "baby specific" stuff. Also, bring all the pediatric meds you might need.

Diapers are not allowed in pools...although some lines/ships have baby "splash pads", for playing. NOT all do, tho, so choose your ship carefully, if that's important to you.

Hello! We will be cruising with 4 small children(7,6,5 and 2) on the Norwegian Getaway. Does anyone have any tips? Such as excursions, things to pack, activities on the ship, and so on. Thank you!!

My wife and I have been cruising with our grandkids for years. The oldest is now 18, and the youngest are the twins, 17 months old, with five in-between. All but the twins have been cruising with us on various lines, including NCL', Getaway, Escape, Epic, Dawn, Sun etc. The twins are booked for next April aboard the MSC Seaside, along with their parents, their 4 year old big brother and their 5, 7, 9, 16 and 18 year old cousins. The kids have always enjoyed being aboard the ships, and the newer ships with the kid's pool water slides, and the Kid's Clubs offer parents numerous options. As for excursions, in Belize, I'm guessing you'll be on Harvest Caye, on which there are plenty of options to keep them busy. In Cozumel, Chankanaab park is close to downtown, and offers Dolphin swims, a great beach, a place to eat and a short taxi drive back to the ship. In Roatan, take a look at Little French Key.;p ;)

Definitely check into the kids club ASAP after boarding, if that's what you choose to do. Not always the case, but I've been on cruises where they became fully booked, leaving some parents out of luck.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk