Transportation Accomodations for Sept 28, 2018 Royal Caribbean cruise Cape Liberty

Looking for suggestions:

Two of us will be traveling into EWR on Thursday, Sept 27, arriving about 1 PM. Royal Caribbean cruise leaves Cape Liberty on Friday Sept 28.

I have been into EWR before so I know ifs not exactly the greatest area.

1) Looking for hotel room with airport shuttle for Thursday night. Doesn't have to be fancy as it is just a place to kill time until departure. Not too concerned about availability of food or shops as we expect to eat too much on the cruise.However, would like to feel safe.

2) Have looked at Trintityreservations.com, but don't see them offering a package with one way transportation to the port. Do they offer that with a reduced price or so you just pay for round trip but not use it?

3) Considering using Uber to the port if no hotel shuttle available. Any experience with Uber and any idea how far out we could stay and have Uber make sense?

4) Any idea what time we will be able to go aboard the ship and what time is best to avoid the most congestion at the port?

Thanks for any suggestions

Looking for suggestions:

Two of us will be traveling into EWR on Thursday, Sept 27, arriving about 1 PM. Royal Caribbean cruise leaves Cape Liberty on Friday Sept 28.

I have been into EWR before so I know ifs not exactly the greatest area.

1) Looking for hotel room with airport shuttle for Thursday night. Doesn't have to be fancy as it is just a place to kill time until departure. Not too concerned about availability of food or shops as we expect to eat too much on the cruise.However, would like to feel safe.

2) Have looked at Trintityreservations.com, but don't see them offering a package with one way transportation to the port. Do they offer that with a reduced price or so you just pay for round trip but not use it?

3) Considering using Uber to the port if no hotel shuttle available. Any experience with Uber and any idea how far out we could stay and have Uber make sense?

4) Any idea what time we will be able to go aboard the ship and what time is best to avoid the most congestion at the port?

Thanks for any suggestions

1) What is your hotel and transportation budget?

2) It's a fixed price. Are you not returning to the Newark area after the cruise?

3) Hotels offering any kind of port shuttle are very limited. I think Uber is running about $40-50 if no surge pricing.

4). Leaving the EWR area for tge port about 10 am is optimal

Lastminutetravel.com has Country Inns for $103 plus tax (about $124 total) for your date. You can buy a one way shuttle from them for $17.50/pp.