Can I bring guests on board for the day?

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:08 PM.
New Hampshire
6,447 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
Originally posted by firsttimers68
Hi everyone, sea re on a cruise in August on Riviera. I am wondering if we are allowed to bring 2 friends on board for lunch/ tour of ship? I know Seabourn do it and was wondering of Oceania are the same? I have searched on here but couldn't find a thread, hopefully I'm not repeating!! many thanks for any help.
Security prevents this. I don't know who told you Seaborne allows it. As far as I know NO cruise line has allowed this in years! The only time I've heard of it is for Travel Agents & advertisers.
UK
522 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
Originally posted by keithm
Security prevents this. I don't know who told you Seaborne allows it. As far as I know NO cruise line has allowed this in years! The only time I've heard of it is for Travel Agents & advertisers.
Seabourn have only fairly recently stopped this.......Silversea still do offer this, check their website.
58 Posts
Joined Jun 2013
Nobody told me, I did it with friends on a cruise in Caribbean in March. They came on board and it was very easy to sort out. So I don't know who gave you your information but I can confirm you are incorrect.
USA
5,468 Posts
Joined Jun 2007
I wish O wouldn't allow this. I'm sure the vast majority of the time everything would be fine, but in this day of security issues, I'm surprised that they still allow ship visits from non-passengers or non-crew during a cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Life's Milestones are Best Celebrated in Nautical Miles.

Oceania Insignia 1-2019 (World Cruise - 161 days)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oceania Insignia 12-2017 (Cuba - 7 days)
Regal Princess 11-2017 (Western Caribbean - 7 days)
Caribbean Princess 3-2017 (Southern Caribbean - 8 days)
Celebrity Silhouette 8-2016 (British Isles, Guernsey, Belgium, Amsterdam - 14 days)
Grand Princess 11-2015 (Hawaii - 15 days)

Celebrity Infinity 10-2014 (TA - England, Azores, Bermuda, Bahamas - 14 days)
Celebrity Reflection 3-2014 (Eastern Caribbean - 7 days)
Crown Princess 7-2013 (Baltics/Russia - 14 days)
Emerald Princess 3-2012 (Eastern Caribbean - 10 days)
Caribbean Princess 6-2011 (Canada/New England - 9 days)
Crown Princess 9-2010 (TA - British Isles, Iceland, Greenland, Canada - 14 days)
Coral Princess 12-2008 (Full Panama Canal, Central America, Mexico - 14 days)
Sun Princess 9-2007 (Alaska - 7 days)
Carnival Paradise 9-2003 (Western Caribbean - 7 days)
Carnival Fantasy 1-1990 (Bahamas - 4 days)
Carnival Holiday 12-1989 (Western Caribbean - 7 days)

GTA, Ontario, Canada
37,666 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
Originally posted by LAexNY
I believe they would have accepted a drivers license but I’m not positive. We don’t usually have friends in port either but my sister and her husband happened to be vacationing in Bermuda so it was a nice treat.
Also, I believe Oceania reserves the right to say no as I imagine they don’t want too many guests coming aboard.
Thanks David

If I ever find friends in port again I will check it out
Lyn
GTA, Ontario, Canada
37,666 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
Originally posted by Go-Bucks!
I wish O wouldn't allow this. I'm sure the vast majority of the time everything would be fine, but in this day of security issues, I'm surprised that they still allow ship visits from non-passengers or non-crew during a cruise.
Often the crew will be allowed to bring some family onboard & show them around their workplace

I am sure there is a lot of checking on credentials before this happens
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

FORMER CRUISES:
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam- Eurodam (2), Royal Epirotiki-Olympic, Orient lines-Marco Polo, NCL-Dream, Princess - Dawn Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress, Scenic Tours -Scenic Sapphire, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(6) Marina(3) Riviera (2) AQSC-American Queen

Email:LHT28 at yahoo.com

Put Cruise in subject line

PHOTOS:
http://lht28.smugmug.com/
Perth, Australia
1,524 Posts
Joined May 2009
Originally posted by LaCroisiereS'amuse
Seabourn have only fairly recently stopped this.......Silversea still do offer this, check their website.
I was on Seabourn as a guest in March this year for dinner in Singapore. So unless they have stopped this within the last few months I am not sure that you are correct.

Julie
Stamford, CT, USA
6,429 Posts
Joined Feb 2002
Originally posted by frantic36
I was on Seabourn as a guest in March this year for dinner in Singapore. So unless they have stopped this within the last few months I am not sure that you are correct.

Julie
+1
Visiting the ships is actually becoming more common, again.
That said, security is tight and the Lines definitely view it as a privilege rather than a right.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jim & Stan

Contact Jim & Stan
So California
6,184 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Originally posted by LAexNY
The guest policy has recently been changed. We learned of it by chance when we were disembarking in Bermuda on Sirena last month. We overheard the people on line next to us mention that friends were coming aboard for lunch.
We inquired of the Concierge and learned of the policy. You need to request the visit 48 hours in advance and fill out a form with the guests’ information including passport number. There is a fee for each meal. I think lunch was $35 p.p., so much for high tea, so much for dinner, etc. We subsequently took advantage of this and it worked well.

This is the way it always has been... On Boarding day it can be crazy and they often say no. However, during a cruise I have, following the procedure mentioned above had lunch and dinner guests in LA, Tahiti, Hawaii, New Zealand
UK
522 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
Originally posted by frantic36

Julie
Just saw this this morning in the FAQs on the Seabourn website...
Flushing, NY
7,170 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
Crystal allows this in certain ports of call...they have two plans, with different prices depending if you want to bring guests aboard and just have drinks, or have dinner and see show. These are typically in ports with an overnight stay. Guests can stay aboard until midnight.
Princess has a Bon Voyage Experience available at certain ports of call, where you can have guests aboard for a luncheon and ships tour.

As mentioned, Travel Agents are often taken aboard for lunch and ships tours at lots of ports. My World Ship Society branch, gets to "piggyback" along on these types of lunch visits, on several different ships calling or turning around here in New York.
We typically pay about $40. each for this, part of which goes into our organization's fund.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
getting there is half the fun!
coming back is the other half!
Flushing, NY
7,170 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
One nice thing about the Princess "BVE" that I didn't mention, is that if the visitors subsequently book their own Princess cruise afterwards, the full cost of the experience will be credited to their cruise.
So in essence, you get it "free".
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
getting there is half the fun!
coming back is the other half!
GTA, Ontario, Canada
37,666 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
Originally posted by bob brown
One nice thing about the Princess "BVE" that I didn't mention, is that if the visitors subsequently book their own Princess cruise afterwards, the full cost of the experience will be credited to their cruise.
So in essence, you get it "free".
it would not be enticing enough for us to go on Princess even if the cruise was free
once was enough

YMMV
South West MO
7,878 Posts
Joined Aug 2004
All this be that it may I just got my docs for our upcoming cruise and it says no visitors allowed on board. Apparently there can be exceptions.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Coming Up
Oceania Insignia Montreal-Miami Nov 2, 2018 16 night
Oceania Marina- Amsterdam-Lisbon; Vineyards & Castles Sept 17, 2019 12 Night

Past Cruises
"Enough to Know"
GTA, Ontario, Canada
37,666 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
Originally posted by ORV
All this be that it may I just got my docs for our upcoming cruise and it says no visitors allowed on board. Apparently there can be exceptions.
I guess it is like some of their other polices

flexible