Anyone Sailed in 6000 or 6001 with Viking Oceans?

Bear_Music

If you've sailed in Stateroom 6000 or 6001 on any of the VO ships, can you share with me your thoughts on how obstructed the verandah view is (pix if you have 'em) and whether privacy is an issue? I'm suddenly realizing that the "wing decks" off the Explorer's Lounge may literally be overlooking our little private space in 6000? And the Bridge wings will certainly narrow our forward visibility to some degree.

I'm sure it's too late to do anything about this, but did we goof?

R

Thanks very much, that's exactly what I wanted to see. Doesn't look too bad :-) That blog is terrific also. We sailed on Viking Star's Maiden from Istanbul to Barcelona, but not everything was fine-tuned at that time. It's good to see such a comprehensive overview of the ship and what's available on board.

• 2 weeks later...

We sailed on the Star earlier this year and were in cabin 6092. The reviews said to avoid deck 6 if possible because of potential noise from the deck above. We were doing B2B cruises and this was the only cabin available that wouldn’t require us to move. We heard them cleaning/dragging chairs right above us just about every night at 2:30 AM. Very consistent!

No, there is an unlisted cabin forward of 6000/6001 which I believe must be for the bridge officers.

When I did the Bridge tour, they pointed out the stateroom that is the Captain's. there is access to a special conference room off the bridge from his cabin also.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Regarding the comment above about avoiding deck 6, I would just note that we've sailed in 6029 and 6011 and never heard any noise from above us (or anywhere else for that matter). I think the forward cabins on deck 6 are actually very quiet because they are under the Owner's Suite, Mamsen's Deli (starboard) or the Penthouse Suites (port). I can't speak to the cabins aft on deck 6. We are sailing in July in 6010, so hopefully there won't be wild parties in the Penthouse Suites above us! :)

If you've sailed in Stateroom 6000 or 6001 on any of the VO ships, can you share with me your thoughts on how obstructed the verandah view is (pix if you have 'em) and whether privacy is an issue? I'm suddenly realizing that the "wing decks" off the Explorer's Lounge may literally be overlooking our little private space in 6000? And the Bridge wings will certainly narrow our forward visibility to some degree.

I'm sure it's too late to do anything about this, but did we goof?

R

We were in 5000 on the Sun. Since we were below the bridge we had to close our drapes when the sun went down, as the lights from our cabin impacted the bridge. One evening we forgot and they called and asked us to close them. I assume you will encounter the same thing.