Veranda Plus introduction

travelberlin

We apologize for any confusion surrounding our Veranda Plus stateroom and how this new stateroom category works. Veranda Plus was recently introduced as a way to provide guests with a more inclusive onboard experience. Earlier this year, we conducted a survey in which 79% of respondents expressed interest in having a more inclusive stateroom category, specifically requesting access to select suite amenities such as complimentary internet, specialty dining, and free laundry.

With Veranda Plus, travelers can now enjoy suite-level amenities at prices closer to that of a Veranda stateroom. The retail value of the included amenities in Veranda Plus is $520 based on a 10-night sailing. Guests who book Veranda Plus will receive a 25-30% savings off the included stateroom amenities, versus buying them separately. We realize that these amenities may not be of interest to everyone, so guests still have the option of sailing in a standard Veranda stateroom, which in 2020 will represent close to 45% of our ship.

Lastly, this new stateroom category will not impact the benefits of our Le Club Voyage program. Loyalty guests will continue to enjoy the same internet and laundry as well as stateroom upgrade opportunities, which will continue to be based on loyalty tier/points. Additionally, guests who book a Veranda Plus category room will earn 6 points, instead of 5 for a Veranda.

Click here to view 2020 deck plans and more information on our new Veranda Plus staterooms.

We hope this clarifies the intent behind our new Veranda Plus staterooms and we look forward to seeing you onboard soon!

Thank you for that clarification.

Sorry for a second question

If as an LCV member I book onboard (cannot remember if it applies elsewhere) I get a one level upgrade within the category. Would this now mean if I booked a V1 I would get a verandah plus?

Thank you for that clarification.

Sorry for a second question

If as an LCV member I book onboard (cannot remember if it applies elsewhere) I get a one level upgrade within the category. Would this now mean if I booked a V1 I would get a verandah plus?

No an LCV upgrade from either Veranda or Veranda Plus would be up to Club Continent.

No an LCV upgrade from either Veranda or Veranda Plus would be up to Club Continent.

Bonnie

I think you misunderstood my question, the one level upgrade (within the booking category) happens (or used to happen) at booking e.g. book a V3 get a V2 etc

Bonnie,

That is terrific news for those of us who will continue to book standard Veranda staterooms. Thank you Azamara

Bonnie

I think you misunderstood my question, the one level upgrade (within the booking category) happens (or used to happen) at booking e.g. book a V3 get a V2 etc

Hi uktog,

I confess to being stumped by your question. I sent it up the chain of command and am not sure others are clear on what you're asking. Could you elaborate?

Here's the response I received:

"The upgrade program has nothing to do with whether a guest books onboard or land. It’s a loyalty benefit that is based on availability."

Thank you Bonnie for the clarification. I am glad to hear that if we book a regular Veranda, we will still be able to upgrade to suites as an LCV benefit.

How many Veranda plus are there now?

Ivi

Hi Ivi,

Starting in 2020 there will be 46 Veranda Plus staterooms. The composition is 16 P3, 20 P2, and 10 P1's.

Here's the Pursuit's deck plan to peruse:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/our-ships/azamara-pursuit/azamara-pursuit-deck-plans-2020

Bonnie

Does this happen on Azamara? - I wasn't aware. We have only ever booked one Celebrity cruise and received the one category upgrade but have never had this on Azamara.

Does this happen on Azamara? - I wasn't aware. We have only ever booked one Celebrity cruise and received the one category upgrade but have never had this on Azamara.

You have to apply for it, and then only get the offer if there are cabins available. People are offered based on when they applied and their loyalty level. Look for it under LCV member benefits, then click on ‘stateroom category upgrades’. It costs $398 if you are offered it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You have to apply for it, and then only get the offer if there are cabins available. People are offered based on when they applied and their loyalty level. Look for it under LCV member benefits, then click on ‘stateroom category upgrades’. It costs $398 if you are offered it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you. Yes, I know about this upgrade programme (and have applied but have, so far, never been successful) but I think that uktog is referring to another upgrade programme where (all?) loyalty club members automatically receive a one category upgrade within the category booked ( eg Cat 5 to Cat 4 or V2 to V1). I just wasn't aware that Azamara did this.

Edited by workingtocruise-59
typo

It may be it is something that disappeared - it was a Celebrity perk that moved over to Azamara. It sometimes was offered as an onboard booking incentive sometimes. I haven't had it for a few years but thought that was for other reasons

We certainly had it in the past and it was also a special incentive onboard on two cruises about two and a half years ago if my memory serves me correct in addition to the usual ones, but as I say, probably not around now.

I've never seen this on Azamara. Celebrity still has this perk. Here are their T&Cs:

One-category upgrade requests must be made at the time of booking and apply only for upgrades within the supercategory, depending on availability. Example of a supercategory upgrade in AquaClass: A2 to A1. Captain's Club one category upgrade excludes category 12, FV, SV, C1 and guarantee categories, Z, Y, X, XC, XA, W. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares including but not limited to travel agent and employee rates. Upgrades apply for one stateroom per cruise. Stateroom assignments only. Not valid on holiday sailings. Upgrades available from categories 11- A1 on all Celebrity ships except Celebrity Xpedition®. Offer valid for members who are Classic Level or higher at the time of booking.

Bonnie,

Now that the deck plans for Pursuit have been published would it now be helpful to get the owners suite "blurb" to amended to remove the "refurbished in 2016 "

Another attention to detail!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing again. As Discover Plus, I already get enough laundry and internet minutes. Never got a one category upgrade on Azamara. As for the increased points, it doesn't matter for me. I am 2000 points away from next level. Even if I only sailed on Azmara/Celebrity exclusively, it would never happen. I also sail on other lines. The new Veranda Plus sounds like the Concierge Class on Oceania. Oceania recently added free laundry to their Concierge Class. Oceania also now includes free internet to everyone.

They are all looking for extra bucks it is a shame AZ feels they have to push people up the money chain.

Why they sent numerous surveys was just a ploy to get people ready for this as they clearly did not listen to their followers.