ms Westerdam in Juneau June 21, 2018

Scrapnana

Westerdam will be at the CT dock from 0800-1800.

There is a 50% chance of rain and occasional showers are predicted. The high will be 65F/18C and the low 52F/11C. Sunrise is at 3:51 am and sunset at 10:09 pm.

Other ships in port are Norwegian Jewel at the AJ dock from 0700-1315, Crystal Symphony at the FKL dock from 0700-1930, and Infinity at the AS dock from 0730-2000.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at http://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/.

Next up: Zaandam and Volendam on Friday.

WOW! I can't believe how early they are, both Symphony and Westie in the harbor about 5:30...

attachment.php?attachmentid=424044

BTW. there will likely be no closups on Symphony balconies. She's currently on a "clothing-optional: charter.

Roy

juneau621.JPG.e6b04732a4a744900969c8eab0588f14.JPG

Just wondering, Kathi. With me at scout camp next week and Carole at sea how would you feel about having just one thread for the entire week? I will have very limited internet but would bookmark the thread and at least check in on it to have a look at what's going from time to time. I DO want to try to check in some time Friday and get a shot of the Volendam and Symphony together but will have very limited participation.

I am guessing that Carole is just about arriving in New York now and will be on the train to Montreal most of tomorrow.

Roy

Just wondering, Kathi. With me at scout camp next week and Carole at sea how would you feel about having just one thread for the entire week? I will have very limited internet but would bookmark the thread and at least check in on it to have a look at what's going from time to time. I DO want to try to check in some time Friday and get a shot of the Volendam and Symphony together but will have very limited participation.

I am guessing that Carole is just about arriving in New York now and will be on the train to Montreal most of tomorrow.

Roy

Works for me. When are you leaving?

Works for me. When are you leaving?

Sunday morning (until Saturday noon). By AIS it looks like Westerdam and Zaandam are almost going to pass each other as Zaandam heads for her anchorage.

Roy

Roy

Nope, didn't arrive until almost 1pm, missed my connecting train ride at 1:15 and 2:15. You must go from Penn Sta to Gr Central sta if you are going west. Luggage that I wouldn't have needed to pick-up on my origial schedule - didn't get put out for almost an hour and then the extremely slow taxi ride between stations

When they called me to tell about the change, I should have re-booked for Bosion and got to Albany that way. What a frustrating mess in NYC.

Sunday morning (until Saturday noon). By AIS it looks like Westerdam and Zaandam are almost going to pass each other as Zaandam heads for her anchorage.

Roy

OK, I will post for the week on Saturday.

Nope, didn't arrive until almost 1pm, missed my connecting train ride at 1:15 and 2:15. You must go from Penn Sta to Gr Central sta if you are going west. Luggage that I wouldn't have needed to pick-up on my origial schedule - didn't get put out for almost an hour and then the extremely slow taxi ride between stations

When they called me to tell about the change, I should have re-booked for Bosion and got to Albany that way. What a frustrating mess in NYC.

And that is why I don't take the train.

That track work and relocation to Grand Central is a real pain. I'm guessing you were planning to to to Albany today and board the Adirondack there which sounded like a good plan at the time. I haven't ridden the Adirondack northbound for 15 years but the last time I took it southbound I got off at Poughkeepsie and continued the next day from there.

My next trip I'll be on the Maple Leaf (July 11) and then the Canadian to Vancouver. I stay in New York overnight (New Yorker right across the street from Penn Station) and must board in Grand Central at 6:40. After the train got moved I think I would have changed to overnight on that trip at Poughkeepsie as well except that I have Broadway tickets for the 10th.. Sounds like the Symphony will be leaving a lot sooner than I expected so I'll keep watching..

Roy