Beverage card

sparky3229

you mean when there is no $ left on the card? you just buy another one ;)

Sorry, I should have expanded on that. I was thinking if someone wanted to keep using a card with their name on it so they can keep track - if they weren't keen on marking a card or whatever.

If my husband and I were to purchase a beverage card prior to boarding, is it possible to get two cards with our names on them but with purchases applied to the one account? For example, we may not be together all the time and may want to purchase drinks separately. Or we will need to buy two separate cards? Thanks.

Sorry, I should have expanded on that. I was thinking if someone wanted to keep using a card with their name on it so they can keep track - if they weren't keen on marking a card or whatever.

You still must buy a new card. HAL does not reload the old one.

If my husband and I were to purchase a beverage card prior to boarding, is it possible to get two cards with our names on them but with purchases applied to the one account? For example, we may not be together all the time and may want to purchase drinks separately. Or we will need to buy two separate cards? Thanks.

Buy two cards. So long as you both are using the same credit card to pay your bill, both charges will show up on the same accounting at the end of the cruise.

The individual purchases will be specific to each card, so you will always know how much is left on each.

If you really want a card with your name on it, demagnetize yours. They'll reissue one at the front desk and it will have your name printed on it. (My lovely, talented, and dare I say, saintly wife has a purse with a magnetic clasp. She accidentally wiped two cards with the purse before we figured out the cause. The replacement cards had her name printed on them.)

We just booked a cruise for next year and one of the incentives was the inclusion of the "signature beverage card"...Since you had this on prior cruises can you tell me what type of drinks are included and is there any limit on the number of times, or dollar amount, that it is used.

Thanks

Bruce

• 1 month later...
We just booked a cruise for next year and one of the incentives was the inclusion of the "signature beverage card"...Since you had this on prior cruises can you tell me what type of drinks are included and is there any limit on the number of times, or dollar amount, that it is used.

Thanks

Bruce

The Signature Beverage Card now allows up to $8 for drinks. Most drinks are now around $7.50. It covers house wines and most alcohols. If you ask drinks to made with a premium alcohol -- not covered. BUT -- since there are new rules for the newest Signature Beverage Card -- some people here have said that if you order a drink that costs more than $8, the extra cost will be charged to your shipboard account.

You are limited to 15 drinks a day per person. This can include bottles of water, special coffee and teas in the Explorations Café.

Is the beverage card equivalent to your onboard account during happy hour? Are martinis included in happy hour? Cheers!re

We were not able to use the Signature Beverage Card during Happy since our drinks were free.

Happy hour drinks are "buy one and get one of the same kind for a $1 more". So you can see why they don't accept the Signature Beverage card for Happy Hour.

If you have bought the regular Beverage Card -- then you can use it for Happy Hour. We have used them for years and could anything we wanted -- no limits. We even use the regular Beverage Cards to buy bottles of wine at dinner.

Happy hour drinks are "buy one and get one of the same kind for a $1 more". So you can see why they don't accept the Signature Beverage card for Happy Hour.

You can use the Signature Beverage Package during Happy Hour. You just can't pay $1 for the second drink. Every drink you have counts against your total. This only presents a problem if you find the 15 beverage cap limiting.

When we had the SBP (purely for research purposes) we would counter-program Happy Hours. We'd simply head to a non-Happy-Hour lounge and have our drinks. For us, it was more relaxed. However, if you love fighting the crowds, you can certainly get a drink during Happy Hour on the Signature Beverage Package. You just can't get the second one for a dollar.

• 2 years later...
Don't forget what was posted earlier: the discount isn't given when the Beverage Card is used. Only the cabin card will get the discount applied.

So, when your daughter orders her flavored coffees, she needs to use her cabin card to pay for them in order to get the discount.

Hi

In reading HAL's 4 star benefits it states a 50% discount on beverage card. Has anyone actually gotten the beverage card at half price?

Thanks

pat

murrells inlet, sc

Be aware that four and five star mariners get a 50% discount at the "Coffee Bar" when you use your key card.

Since we are in the discount category - we use Beverage card everywhere except for the Coffee Bar (where we use key card to get 50% discount).

===

If you want your name on a beverage card - just take it to the front desk. They will give you a new one with your name on the card.

Trying to figure out the best option for our family. My teens drink soda, and they usually have a latte in the morning. Though they are teens, they still enjoy ordering a Shirley Temple on occasion. Would those be covered with the soda package? I was going to do the Quench package for them, but maybe I'll do the soda package + beverage card for the coffees to save money.

Trying to figure out the best option for our family. My teens drink soda, and they usually have a latte in the morning. Though they are teens, they still enjoy ordering a Shirley Temple on occasion. Would those be covered with the soda package? I was going to do the Quench package for them, but maybe I'll do the soda package + beverage card for the coffees to save money.

We have the signature beverage package which came complimentary for us from our booking through Costco. That covers soda, wine and a Shirley temple. I believe the drinks need to be $9 or less but I defer to more experienced HAL cruisers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have the signature beverage package which came complimentary for us from our booking through Costco. That covers soda, wine and a Shirley temple. I believe the drinks need to be $9 or less but I defer to more experienced HAL cruisers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's the package I'd like for myself, but my kids are too young for alcohol so they don't qualify for that. I guess I'm wondering if those coveted Shirley Temples will be covered by the soda package? It's just fountain Sprite with a splash of cherry juice, but I don't know if that counts as a bar drink, or a soda drink, or a specialty drink, or... whatever.

That's the package I'd like for myself, but my kids are too young for alcohol so they don't qualify for that. I guess I'm wondering if those coveted Shirley Temples will be covered by the soda package? It's just fountain Sprite with a splash of cherry juice, but I don't know if that counts as a bar drink, or a soda drink, or a specialty drink, or... whatever.

Mocktails are not covered under the soda package to my knowledge. I think a Shirley Temple would be considered a mocktail?