Blogging about recent Hebridean cruise in Northern Ireland and Scotland...

knotheadusc

We just finished our fourth Hebridean Island Cruise, this time a round trip from Oban that took us to Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. I just finished writing a blog series, which is in fifteen parts. I won't promise it's the most interesting thing you'll ever read, but I did take some great photos. At the very least, it offers an idea of what it's like to sail on this little ship that only takes 49 passengers at a time.

Hope you'll check it out if you're interested.

https://travelingovereducatedhousewife.blogspot.de/2017/09/scotland-and-northern-ireland-2017-part.html

I just read all of your recent cruise blogs from Part Six to the end. I found them witty, entertaining, and highly informative. I'm not sure you've convinced me to give Hebridean a try---I'm not the anglophile you are, and the ship and some of the destinations seem a bit too quirky---but you've done a superlative job in conveying the experience. Thanks for a wonderful account.

Thanks so much for reading. Like anything else, Hebridean is not suitable for every cruiser. For instance, some people don't like guided tours. If I'm honest, I'm probably in that group myself. On the other hand, left to my own devices, I tend to sit around too much and soak up the atmosphere (and booze)! While I might not always like being on a coach, I am usually glad I went to wherever the coach takes me. The Giant's Causeway is a prime example of that phenomenon.

I'm glad to write about our experiences on Hebridean because I know booking a luxury cruise is an expensive gamble. You want to be happy with your cruise and the cruise lines want you to be happy so you'll book again. Personally, I mostly love Hebridean, but I know not everyone will.