LGBT Families on Celebrity

MightyMike

We just put a deposit down for next year's spring break on a Celebrity ship. After we did, some friends warned us about a very bad experience they had on Celebrity. Apparently there was an incident between their kid and another. The other family then made it their mission to make their cruise hell. Celebrity took the approach that it was just a personality conflict and both sides must have been equally to blame. I've known them for years and in no way could that have been the case.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else encountered problems on Celebrity, and perhaps more importantly, did Celebrity respond fairly? I've always thought that Celebrity was supposed to be gay-friendly but apparently their kids' programming hasn't received that memo.

We just put a deposit down for next year's spring break on a Celebrity ship. After we did, some friends warned us about a very bad experience they had on Celebrity. Apparently there was an incident between their kid and another. The other family then made it their mission to make their cruise hell. Celebrity took the approach that it was just a personality conflict and both sides must have been equally to blame. I've known them for years and in no way could that have been the case.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else encountered problems on Celebrity, and perhaps more importantly, did Celebrity respond fairly? I've always thought that Celebrity was supposed to be gay-friendly but apparently their kids' programming hasn't received that memo.

Firstly, I would like to say that X is very Gay Friendly. Unfortunately, your friends may have come across a rare breed of passenger in relation to their child and interaction.

While I have personally had only one poor incident on an X sailing, the bartender and bar manager took swift and certain action on the offending passenger.

That passenger avoided me like the plague after that...

Is your friends bad situation an anomaly? For certain I cannot say, yet do not think your child should have a problem, if so I advise going to the Hotel Manager directly, who would not want the word to get to the President that this type of issue occurred on her watch...

bon voyage

Firstly, I would like to say that X is very Gay Friendly. Unfortunately, your friends may have come across a rare breed of passenger in relation to their child and interaction.

While I have personally had only one poor incident on an X sailing, the bartender and bar manager took swift and certain action on the offending passenger.

That passenger avoided me like the plague after that...

Is your friends bad situation an anomaly? For certain I cannot say, yet do not think your child should have a problem, if so I advise going to the Hotel Manager directly, who would not want the word to get to the President that this type of issue occurred on her watch...

bon voyage

Always cruise X with my husband and am just back from another X cruise even got married on X.

They are very LGBT friendly and we and our friends have never had an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk