Long beach terminal upgrades

Thebosn1

My wife and I are sailing out of Long Beach this fall on the Splendor. It will only be our second time sailing from Long Beach. It will also be our first time boarding in Long Beach as Platinum. I was wondering if the refurbishing of the terminal is complete, and if the priority boarding process is different than it is in other ports.

The first time we boarded in Long Beach we did not have priority boarding and we wound up standing by a makeshift sign in the parking lot. We were so far away we could not hear our boarding zone called hahahaha.

Any up to date info on the terminal and the boarding process would be appreciated.

I believe they have completed the renovations there. I have not sailed from LB but did sail into there in Jan on Splendor repo. Since Carnival is the only line sailing from there, you might also ask on the Carnival board here. EM

The terminal has been upgraded. As platinum you will walk in the dome just like any other terminal and check in. We to are platinum and did the check in outside last September. Am curious to see the new dome.

Finished in February. We arrive after the initial rush and has taken us about 5 minutes to check in and go thru security. Inside is very pretty. Captains lounge is about 3 times the size of the old one.

Biggest con- The switchback ramp up to the second floor is very long and seems to be the highest pitch legally allowed. Elevator is reserved for HC and can only use the escalator if you are carrying nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The terminal has been upgraded. As platinum you will walk in the dome just like any other terminal and check in. We to are platinum and did the check in outside last September. Am curious to see the new dome.
Thank you. Yep, the outside check in we did back in 2014 was pretty ridiculous. They had computers set up on folding tables outside the doors of the terminal and our "waiting area" was half way back to the Queen Mary across the parking lot next to a makeshift sign.