WHO should have been fired/resigned resultant fron the "fake" ENHANCEMENTS program?

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:04 PM.
Alabama
1,717 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
Originally posted by spindrift
For solo cruisers, don't expect the "free excursions" under one of the three choices. I am so disappointed for on an upcoming O trip, the selection was the usual and I chose the 6 free excursions. I have now learned that I get only 3 because I am alone in my stateroom.

I am now widowed, and my late husband and I cruised with O over 20 times. I now have a stateroom by myself as it is not my choice to share. Even tho I pay double for my room, my benefits are reduced. What a shame!!
The same thing happened to our friend when she went solo on our last cruise. Since we wanted to prebook the same excursions that she did, we all just did the "cruise only" fare and took the $400 per person credit ($800 for our friend) as paying $800 for the OLife option for $800 OBC, since she couldnt get the full "dual occupancy" excursion package which included 8 excursions, didn't make much sense.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Previous Cruises (days)
Oceania (72), Celebrity (42), Crystal (21), HAL (124), Princess (19), Disney (7), RCCL (14), NCL (7)
Future Cruises
2018 Oceania (Greece/Western Med/TA, 44d)
2019 Celebrity (Caribbean, 21d) - Crystal (Southeast Asia, 30d) - Princess (British Isles, 16d) - HAL (Australia, 40d)
2020 Princess (Panama Canal/Easter Island (25d)
520 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
For solo cruisers, don't expect the "free excursions" under one of the three choices. I am so disappointed for on an upcoming O trip, the selection was the usual and I chose the 6 free excursions. I have now learned that I get only 3 because I am alone in my stateroom.

I am now widowed, and my late husband and I cruised with O over 20 times. I now have a stateroom by myself as it is not my choice to share. Even tho I pay double for my room, my benefits are reduced. What a shame!!
I am in the same spot and got the same information. Also it seems as if the cost of a single is a bit more than it would be for two. I solved my problem on a couple of cruises by bringing a family member along. Especially if they don't have the discretionary income for cruises, it's an easy sell when I tell them I could go by my self or bring someone for the same price. They just pay the extras and their air.
Sugar Land, Tx.
2,594 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
We have gone around and around with O. They are only going to give me a small $$$ figure now for the other 3. I'm just disappointed. My TA is great. Used her for years and she has always been able to resolve any issues; however, there hasn't been many until this.
This is just not declared in any of their disclosures, but what can you do? They used to be a wonderful line.
Would you believe that when I took the "free" (not so) cruise, they were going to charge me for the 2nd person in the stateroom. My husband had just passed away so I was to get my cruise (without benefits) but I had to pay double because there was only 1 in the stateroom ?????
That was finally resolved, partially.
Alabama
1,717 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
We have gone around and around with O. They are only going to give me a small $$$ figure now for the other 3. I'm just disappointed. My TA is great. Used her for years and she has always been able to resolve any issues; however, there hasn't been many until this.
This is just not declared in any of their disclosures, but what can you do? They used to be a wonderful line.
Would you believe that when I took the "free" (not so) cruise, they were going to charge me for the 2nd person in the stateroom. My husband had just passed away so I was to get my cruise (without benefits) but I had to pay double because there was only 1 in the stateroom ?????
That was finally resolved, partially.
Now that you know the rules when you're cruising solo on an Oceania cruise, can you think of any reason why a solo traveler who pay the extra fee for OLife? I can't.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Previous Cruises (days)
Oceania (72), Celebrity (42), Crystal (21), HAL (124), Princess (19), Disney (7), RCCL (14), NCL (7)
Future Cruises
2019 Celebrity (Caribbean, 21d) - Crystal (Southeast Asia, 30d) - Princess (British Isles, 16d) - HAL (Australia, 40d)
Fairfax, VA | Vail, CO
1,226 Posts
Joined Aug 2003
Originally posted by Ken the cruiser
Now that you know the rules when you're cruising solo on an Oceania cruise, can you think of any reason why a solo traveler who pay the extra fee for OLife? I can't.
No. I book cruise only fares, but Oceania insists on charging me more than a 50% single supplement on those fares when 1) a single supplement of 50% is offered AND 2) when the Cruise Only price is listed on their web site. Current situation:

A1 Cruise Only fare listed on their web site of $3649 x 1.5 = $5473.50, yet the invoice shows $5948.50.

Their explanation is that they use the OLife fare that also includes airfare and then deduct OLife from the fare, but only deduct one $950 airfare credit leaving 50% of the second airfare credit in the total amount they charge you. Why would they go through that gyration when they can just multiply the Cruise Only fare by 1.5. This is simple 8th grade math. Not only is this not right, but it is false advertising as they list the Cruise Only fare on their web site along with the 50% Reduced Single Supplement promotion. They need to fix their pricing engine and/or adjust the price to honor the advertised price or get rid of Cruise Only fares on their web site. Of course that still won't make it right. And don't get me started on paying the taxes and fees for the second person that are included in the price. I can swallow that as they are not detailed on their web site, but again it doesn't make it right.

I am currently going around in circles with my TA/Oceania on this. One last try before going to the BBB. And yes, I have screen shots and names, dates and times of those I have spoken/corresponded with.
5,617 Posts
Joined Feb 2003
Originally posted by RJB
I think we should continue to beat this horse until they change the program back to what it was. Need to make sure additional cruise critic members see how dis loyal Oceania is to their best customers. Not taking up too much space on this board.
They will not change it back..remember CC is a small percentage of the people that cruise on Oceania..I have talked to them many times about it..
Jancruz1
5,617 Posts
Joined Feb 2003
Originally posted by Fam_Cruise
No. I book cruise only fares, but Oceania insists on charging me more than a 50% single supplement on those fares when 1) a single supplement of 50% is offered AND 2) when the Cruise Only price is listed on their web site. Current situation:

A1 Cruise Only fare listed on their web site of $3649 x 1.5 = $5473.50, yet the invoice shows $5948.50.

Their explanation is that they use the OLife fare that also includes airfare and then deduct OLife from the fare, but only deduct one $950 airfare credit leaving 50% of the second airfare credit in the total amount they charge you. Why would they go through that gyration when they can just multiply the Cruise Only fare by 1.5. This is simple 8th grade math. Not only is this not right, but it is false advertising as they list the Cruise Only fare on their web site along with the 50% Reduced Single Supplement promotion. They need to fix their pricing engine and/or adjust the price to honor the advertised price or get rid of Cruise Only fares on their web site. Of course that still won't make it right. And don't get me started on paying the taxes and fees for the second person that are included in the price. I can swallow that as they are not detailed on their web site, but again it doesn't make it right.

I am currently going around in circles with my TA/Oceania on this. One last try before going to the BBB. And yes, I have screen shots and names, dates and times of those I have spoken/corresponded with.
Dont waste your time with the BB they can do nothing to a company out of the country..move on to another cruse line
Janruz1
Alabama
1,717 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
Originally posted by Fam_Cruise

You are exactly right. The "cruise fare only" figure posted on the website itineraries does include the OLife amenity option, but without airfare. That's always been like that since they introduced the "Cruise Only" option. But it is confusing. However, comparing the online web price to the price you got when you booked the cruise through your TA is not a fair comparison, especially if you're adding the single supplement fee in there as well.

It all comes down to what is listed in the confirmation sheet rather than what you would see online. Hopefully, they'll get your issue worked out
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Previous Cruises (days)
Future Cruises
GTA, Ontario, Canada
37,711 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
You are exactly right. The "cruise fare only" figure posted on the website itineraries does include the OLife amenity option, but without airfare. That's always been like that since they introduced the "Cruise Only" option.
Are you sure
I have booked the cruise only fare no O Life or air

it shows the same price on my invoice as the website
South West MO
7,896 Posts
Joined Aug 2004
You are exactly right. The "cruise fare only" figure posted on the website itineraries does include the OLife amenity option, but without airfare. That's always been like that since they introduced the "Cruise Only" option. But it is confusing. However, comparing the online web price to the price you got when you booked the cruise through your TA is not a fair comparison, especially if you're adding the single supplement fee in there as well.

It all comes down to what is listed in the confirmation sheet rather than what you would see online. Hopefully, they'll get your issue worked out
I believe you're missing a n't
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Coming Up
Oceania Insignia Montreal-Miami Nov 2, 2018 16 night
Oceania Marina- Amsterdam-Lisbon; Vineyards & Castles Sept 17, 2019 12 Night

Past Cruises
"Enough to Know"
Vancouver, BC
19,141 Posts
Joined Feb 2002

I can only speak to the pricing in Canadian. On the front screen I see two fares, with air and Olife and without. When I click into a category to pick a cabin I see a third price if I select no air. This third price is no air but with Olife benefits. I have no way of booking online at that price I saw on the first page. O has to adjust it. It’s a pain
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Coming next
September 2018...Crete & London land trip
October 2019...Celebrity Reflection Iberian Peninsular
2020...Planning the great retirement trip

Kauai Land Trip 2018/Queensland, Australia Land Trip - Celebrity Solstice Vancouver to Honolulu - Crete Land Trip 2017/Australia Land Trip - Celebrity Constellation - Greek Isles 2016/Hawaii Land Trip 2015/Christmas and New Years in Hawaii/European Christmas Markets - Land Trip/Hawaii - VCR Celebrity Solstice 2014/Paris Land Trip/Hawaii Land Trip X 2 - 2013/Grand Med. - Ruby Princess/South of France 2012/Hawaii - Land Trip 2012/Hawaii - Land Trip - 2011/Panama Canal and Florida Keys - Coral Princess - 2011/Eastern Caribbean - Ruby Princess - 2010/France 3 Week Land Trip - Burgundy/Loire/Normandy/French Riviera/Provence 2010/Mexican Riviera - Sapphire Princess 2009/Coastal - Sapphire Princess 2009/Alaska - Voyage of the Glaciers - Zuiderdam - 2009/Greek Islands cruise + Monaco and Paris by land - Grand Princess - 2008/Land Trip - Maui - 2008/3 Week Land - Paris to Rome - 2007/Hawaii - Pride of America - 2007/14 Day Caribbean - Sea Princess - 2006/Coastal - Dawn Princess - 2006/Barcelona to Venice - Millennium - 2005/UK & Ireland - Land Trip - 2004/AI Mexican Riviera -2003/Coastal - Island Princess - 2002/Maui - Land Trip x 2/Alaska - Dawn Princess - 2001/UK Land Trip x 3/11 Day Circle the Caribbean - Splendour of the Seas - 2000/Mexican Riviera - Rhapsody of the Seas - 1999/2 Week Land Bermuda - Girls Trip - 1997/Married - Maui - 1997
18,155 Posts
Joined Jul 2007

You're wrong. The "Cruise Only" fare displayed on the US website does not include the Olife amenity. It even says so at the bottom of the page in the Terms and Conditions: "Cruise-Only Fares do not include OLife Choice amenities or airfare."

Alabama
1,717 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
Originally posted by LHT28
Are you sure
I have booked the cruise only fare no O Life or air

it shows the same price on my invoice as the website
I just tried fake booking a cruise only fare and after selecting the cabin, it asked which OLife option I wanted. Did I miss a box where I can eliminate the OLife option all together?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Previous Cruises (days)
Future Cruises
GTA, Ontario, Canada
37,711 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
I just tried fake booking a cruise only fare and after selecting the cabin, it asked which OLife option I wanted. Did I miss a box where I can eliminate the OLife option all together?
OK

I just use my TA to book & the price matches what is shown on the cruise page

I would think there must be some option to do CRUISE ONLY fare

That is why I have a good TA to look after the details

YMMV
Alabama
1,717 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
Originally posted by njhorseman
You're wrong. The "Cruise Only" fare displayed on the US website does not include the Olife amenity. It even says so at the bottom of the page in the Terms and Conditions: "Cruise-Only Fares do not include OLife Choice amenities or airfare."

You are correct. My mistake. I was thinking for some dumb reason you can book a "cruise only" fare using the website. You can't from what I can see now. You have to go through a TA or book directly with a person at Oceania. Sorry.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Previous Cruises (days)
Future Cruises
Vancouver, BC
19,141 Posts
Joined Feb 2002
Originally posted by njhorseman

It says it but you can’t book it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Coming next

Kauai Land Trip 2018/Queensland, Australia Land Trip - Celebrity Solstice Vancouver to Honolulu - Crete Land Trip 2017/Australia Land Trip - Celebrity Constellation - Greek Isles 2016/Hawaii Land Trip 2015/Christmas and New Years in Hawaii/European Christmas Markets - Land Trip/Hawaii - VCR Celebrity Solstice 2014/Paris Land Trip/Hawaii Land Trip X 2 - 2013/Grand Med. - Ruby Princess/South of France 2012/Hawaii - Land Trip 2012/Hawaii - Land Trip - 2011/Panama Canal and Florida Keys - Coral Princess - 2011/Eastern Caribbean - Ruby Princess - 2010/France 3 Week Land Trip - Burgundy/Loire/Normandy/French Riviera/Provence 2010/Mexican Riviera - Sapphire Princess 2009/Coastal - Sapphire Princess 2009/Alaska - Voyage of the Glaciers - Zuiderdam - 2009/Greek Islands cruise + Monaco and Paris by land - Grand Princess - 2008/Land Trip - Maui - 2008/3 Week Land - Paris to Rome - 2007/Hawaii - Pride of America - 2007/14 Day Caribbean - Sea Princess - 2006/Coastal - Dawn Princess - 2006/Barcelona to Venice - Millennium - 2005/UK & Ireland - Land Trip - 2004/AI Mexican Riviera -2003/Coastal - Island Princess - 2002/Maui - Land Trip x 2/Alaska - Dawn Princess - 2001/UK Land Trip x 3/11 Day Circle the Caribbean - Splendour of the Seas - 2000/Mexican Riviera - Rhapsody of the Seas - 1999/2 Week Land Bermuda - Girls Trip - 1997/Married - Maui - 1997
GTA, Ontario, Canada
37,711 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
Originally posted by Cruise Junky
It says it but you can’t book it.
Just wondered when you go right through the whole booking to the end if it makes the adjustments for cruise only at the end of the process??
Did it still show the O Life price ?
Vancouver, BC
19,141 Posts
Joined Feb 2002
Just wondered when you go right through the whole booking to the end if it makes the adjustments for cruise only at the end of the process??
I’ve been all the way to the end and definitely haven’t figured a way to remove it. I certainly could be missing something but I don’t think so
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Coming next

Alabama
1,717 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
I just did a fake booking as well all the way through to the Review section and I couldn't find any option which would allow you to remove the OLife option.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Previous Cruises (days)
Future Cruises