What have been some of your favorite itineraries?

Ken the cruiser

There are so many Oceania itineraries to choose from, we were just wondering which ones were some of your favorites?

Our latest favorite has been circumnavigating Cuba twice. But we have a couple of cruises coming up which include visiting Iceland and Greenland which hopefully will rank high on the list as well. We also want to visit Easter Island and South Africa within the next couple of years as well.

But if you have the time we would very much enjoy hearing about some of the best itineraries you’ve experienced on O so we might be able to expand our horizons.

February of 2015, I think, Paul was on the cruise. 16 day Marina cruise Sidney to Auckland. Not only have they now mostly cut that cruise by a day, but O is now only doing it on R ships. The Marina is so much better than the R ships! Great cruise.

Our favorite cruises on other lines over the past 7 years have been the Galapagos and a Canary Island/TA on Celebrity, Australia/New Zealand on Princess, a family cruise to Alaska on Disney and Antarctica on HAL this past January.

Right now on the bucket list is South Africa, Easter Island, the Polar Ice Cap and circumnavigating Australia.

Sydney to Los Angeles. 36 Venice to Miami.28 Santiago to Antarctica**, 7 La to Tahiti to LA 26 Hong Kong to Bangkok 14 San Francisco to Vancouver 12

least favorite. ** Santiago to Punta Arenas ...after that all of south america north of Punta Arenas to The US border on the eastern side and everything on the wast coast from Santiago to San Diego .

Panama Canal... disappointing after so much hype

There are so many Oceania itineraries to choose from, we were just wondering which ones were some of your favorites?

Our latest favorite has been circumnavigating Cuba twice. But we have a couple of cruises coming up which include visiting Iceland and Greenland which hopefully will rank high on the list as well. We also want to visit Easter Island and South Africa within the next couple of years as well.

But if you have the time we would very much enjoy hearing about some of the best itineraries you’ve experienced on O so we might be able to expand our horizons.

It's like which is the best camera...the one you have with you. So our favorites are the ones we took: :hearteyes:

Very difficult to choose, but I DO have some favorite ports, almost all seen while on various O cruises:

Easter Island - simply amazing, but only cruise if you don't mind sea days, as the Pacific Ocean is HUGE. Pick a cruise with two days on EI in case the sea is rough. It's a long way to go (and long tender ride) for just a cruise near the island if the weather or sea conditions are bad.

Santorini, Greece - Just love the beauty. Get out into the countryside, too, including Oia.

Iberian Sojourn cruise - loved Lisbon and I think we also went to 2 of the Canary Islands on that cruise, but I forget. I was very pleasantly surprised by the Canary Islands - not just for European beach visits! Gibraltar was fun, too.

The Baltic was great due to the variety of countries (and languages, and money, etc.) you can see without too many sea days, which I'm not crazy about. Of course, having St. Petersburg on the itinerary doesn't hurt either!

British Isles cruise is great if, by chance, you want to see lighthouses.

South America cruise was nice - different and worthwhile.

Panama Canal was more interesting than I expected.

Oceania's Caribbean cruises are for people who want to get to some of the lesser-known places. Certainly I wouldn't make a Caribbean cruise your first choice, but I disagree with people who say that if you've seen one Caribbean island you've seen them all!

Iceland was amazing, although we flew there on our own before another cruise line's cruise began. I'd love to go back for more. Maybe if you could find a cruise that includes Iceland and some of the northern Europe ports and/or Baltic ports, that would be a real winner.

If you're the least bit independent and adventuresome, I'd encourage you to not be afraid to book a cruise that goes places you know nothing about. I've never been disappointed when I've done that (Visby, Sweden, Ronne, Denmark, and Canary Islands come to mind.)

Thanks everyone for sharing. Anyone ever been to South Africa on a cruise and, if so, which cruise line did you sail with and did you enjoy it?

Yes - Lisbon to Cape Town on Marina (with a few extra days in Cape Town/South Africa afterward) - one of our favorites.

Others - Norway, Santiago to Papeete, circumnavigation of Australia.

Come to think of it - I can’t think of a “bad” itinerary :D

. We also want to visit Easter Island and South Africa within the next couple of years as well.

If you really want to visit Easter Island, don't do it by cruise. If like me, you end up not able to visit at all, that was a lot of sea days for nothing. (I am not a fan of a week of sea days, others my disagree.) And unfortunately, due to the sea and tendering, it is not rare.

If you really want to visit Easter Island, don't do it by cruise. If like me, you end up not able to visit at all, that was a lot of sea days for nothing. (I am not a fan of a week of sea days, others my disagree.) And unfortunately, due to the sea and tendering, it is not rare.

Agree - maybe do a Buenos Aires to Santiago cruise followed by a 4 day package visit to Easter Island from Santiago before flying home.

Thanks everyone for sharing. Anyone ever been to South Africa on a cruise and, if so, which cruise line did you sail with and did you enjoy it?

We did a 14 night round-trip from Cape Town to various South African ports in January. It was with Fred Olsen cruise line, but the itinerary was very similar to Oceania’s. We thought it was a wonderful trip, one of the best cruises we have done. The various game park drives and Zulu villages, boat trip to see the hippos and crocodiles were all amazing. Seeing all the animals such as elephants, lions, giraffe and zebras, many of which had babies, was great. We also loved Cape Town and the surrounding area, where we had a few days. Saw penguins near there too!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did a 14 night round-trip from Cape Town to various South African ports in January. It was with Fred Olsen cruise line, but the itinerary was very similar to Oceania’s. We thought it was a wonderful trip, one of the best cruises we have done. The various game park drives and Zulu villages, boat trip to see the hippos and crocodiles were all amazing. Seeing all the animals such as elephants, lions, giraffe and zebras, many of which had babies, was great. We also loved Cape Town and the surrounding area, where we had a few days. Saw penguins near there too!

Penguins? Besides all of the other animals you mentioned, penguins just made the trip a go as we are also on a global search for different types of penguins.

Thanks for the tip. We had heard that too. But since we very much enjoy sea days, especially if we're on either the Riviera or Marina, we'll probably just take our chances and hope for calm seas.

Penguins? Besides all of the other animals you mentioned, penguins just made the trip a go as we are also on a global search for different types of penguins.

Google ‘Boulders Beach penguins’ for info and pictures. You see them as part of the day trip to the Cape of Good Hope from Cape Town.

Dubai to Cape Town ..one of our favorites. I don't care for the latest O itineraries however. When we went, got to visit Zanzibar, Dar as Salaam, Mombasa, and Madagascar. My guess would be these ports dropped for security concerns. Trip was on Nautica which typically does that cruise, then Cape Town to Singapore. We visited 4 Indian ports, fascinating. Animals and sights in Africa was truly wonderful. We also greatly enjoyed around So Am , Buenos Aires to Miami. We were lucky to land on Falklands and saw the penguins.

We loved our Oceania Nautica cruise from Mumbai to Athens. Stopped included Petra, Luxor, Jerusalem, Suez Canal transit all bucket list places.... I think Oceania is doing as a Rome to Mumbai and Mumbai to Rome now....

Joe

....on the bucket list is....

After my upcoming world cruise (which is ticking off most of the remaining bucket list places), I want to circumnavigate South America with the amazon. Beyond that, cruises will be repeats of favorite places or just to relax on a nice beach.

I've done way more international travel than domestic, so as I get older I want to start traveling around the USA. Eventually it will be time to stay home and go through the picture albums and remember all the wonderful travels.

There is no itinerary I haven't enjoyed and a med cruise is always fun. But for me the exceptional cruises were Valparaiso to Tahiti (incl Easter Island) and Barcelona to Dubai (incl Malta, Egypt, Israel and Jordan).

Our Favorites have been:

Honk Kong to Athens (with side trips to Siem Reap and Taj Mahal)

Capetown to Singapore (with a short Safari in between)

Southampton RT -- via North Sea -- Iceland and Greenland

Least Favorite -

Circumnav Australia (because of ship and missed ports)

Does anyone know if Oceania has or has ever considered doing a Polar Icecap and Iceland voyage from say Southampton?

With the rumors flying that HAL’s Prinsendam will be sold by the end of 2019 to Riesen, there will be a void that one of O’s ships would be perfect for.

I know Silversea does a polar icecap and Iceland voyage, but $1,000+ per person per day is a little steep for our patronage.