Hotel with points - see NYC too

gracee

We are sailing on Anthem Oct 4th, arriving EWR Oct 3rd at noon. We'd like to take a visit to Central Park and the World Trade Center Memorial (I know they are opposite ends of Manhattan-but accepting travel tips between the two).

Need advice on which hotel (IHG or HIlton points). Crowne Plaza? Hilton Newark Penn? or Embassy Suites?

Any of these works for us, our main concern is safety returning home at night from the city, and cost of transport to Cape Liberty. Thank you kindly!

We are sailing on Anthem Oct 4th, arriving EWR Oct 3rd at noon. We'd like to take a visit to Central Park and the World Trade Center Memorial (I know they are opposite ends of Manhattan-but accepting travel tips between the two).

Need advice on which hotel (IHG or HIlton points). Crowne Plaza? Hilton Newark Penn? or Embassy Suites?

Any of these works for us, our main concern is safety returning home at night from the city, and cost of transport to Cape Liberty. Thank you kindly!

Definitely Hilton Newark Penn. It is connected by a skywalk to Newark Penn Station where you can take NJ Transit to or from New York Penn Station (midtown) and PATH to or from World Trade (downtown). This location will cut your travel time in half and cut your round trip travel cost from $24.25 to $8/pp. NYC subway is extra to travel to and from Central Park.

Safety has not been an issue with folks doing this trip, but it is a highly urban area and you should always be aware of your surroundings.

If you take Uber to Cape Liberty, it should be about $40 from either the airport or downtown Newark.

Thank you, Carol. We are going to do the Hilton Newark Penn! We'll head up to Central Park first then back to the Memorial since we can see that at night as well.

I have another question for you - in 2010 you guided us to a bus from the port in Boston that took us to the train/subway and right to the square (foggy memory). Do you know if that's still the best way to get into town?

I remember the bus was going in the opposite direction when you boarded and then it made a U-turn at the next street to take you to the subway/train. Your guidance was right on target - so grateful.

Thank you, Carol. We are going to do the Hilton Newark Penn! We'll head up to Central Park first then back to the Memorial since we can see that at night as well.

I have another question for you - in 2010 you guided us to a bus from the port in Boston that took us to the train/subway and right to the square (foggy memory). Do you know if that's still the best way to get into town?

I remember the bus was going in the opposite direction when you boarded and then it made a U-turn at the next street to take you to the subway/train. Your guidance was right on target - so grateful.

That would be the Silver Line bus which stops at the terminal and takes you to South Station for a free transfer to the Red Line direction Alewife. You ride two stops to Park St for the Boston Common.

That would be the Silver Line bus which stops at the terminal and takes you to South Station for a free transfer to the Red Line direction Alewife. You ride two stops to Park St for the Boston Common.

Thank you again! You are a traveler's lifeline!