Bon Voyage gifts

SusieV

I was just looking at the Oceania bon voyage page and I didn't see all that much there. I had wanted to order something as a honeymoon gift for my husband but I really was thinking less of alcohol (since we will buy the drink package) and more like decorations or a cake or even a flower arrangement. It looks like the flowers only come in packages though and I didn't see anything else.

Am I allowed to bring flowers onboard in NYC? Or what else could you suggest for a little surprise? On Celebrity last time I bought a package with Dom Perignon, flowers, bathrobes, etc.

Does Oceania sell bathrobes?

Yes they have bathrobes

the thick one you can get in the shop but come prepared with an extra case to bring them home

You get robes in the cabin to use if you do not want to purchase them

You could ask for a special order Cake (fee) or maybe take a bottle of your favourite bubbly & order some chocolate covered strawberries (if you like them ) to go with it

i-BqvCkcg-L.jpg

If you have a butler you could arrange for him to deliver some canapes

Edited by LHT28

No butler unfortunately... we have the worst cabin on the ship but I'm just happy we're going! This is a once in a lifetime trip for us and probably our last cruise for a long time.

I would just really like to make my husband feel special. I proposed to him on a cruise ship and I really pulled out all the stops to make it as romantic as possible, so I'd like to do something special if I can.

The only other option I thought of was having a gift basket delivered to the hotel precruise but I don't know what we're allowed to bring on the ship.

Bathrobes are $50 each and are very nice. Other than weapons and things that go boom you can take aboard pretty much anything including alcoholic beverages (for consumption in your cabin).

On both counts- great news! We kind of have a cruise bathrobe collection LOL.

I wasn't sure about flowers because of customs, so good to know that won't be a problem. Thanks!

No butler unfortunately... we have the worst cabin on the ship but I'm just happy we're going! This is a once in a lifetime trip for us and probably our last cruise for a long time.

What is the worst cabin?

What is the worst cabin?

We have one of the inside cabins down by the medical centre. They put us in a handicapped cabin which made me a little anxious but we were told that they were open to booking at that time so not to worry. No other G category cabins left otherwise.

We have one of the inside cabins down by the medical centre. They put us in a handicapped cabin which made me a little anxious but we were told that they were open to booking at that time so not to worry. No other G category cabins left otherwise.

I do not think they will be so bad

The location is good if the seas are bumpy we usually book deck 4 C1 cabins

Who knows by the time the cruise rolls around they may offer you an upsell or upgrade

Just enjoy

Lyn

I do not think they will be so bad

The location is good if the seas are bumpy we usually book deck 4 C1 cabins

Who knows by the time the cruise rolls around they may offer you an upsell or upgrade

Just enjoy

Lyn

If they offer to move us I'll be thrilled, but if not, we're just happy to be on the ship :) I never thought we'd be able to do an Oceania cruise! :hearteyes:

If they offer to move us I'll be thrilled, but if not, we're just happy to be on the ship :) I never thought we'd be able to do an Oceania cruise! :hearteyes:

Enjoy the cruise

Make sure Oceania knows this is your honeymoon, that may help the upgrade fairy decide!:)

Make sure Oceania knows this is your honeymoon, that may help the upgrade fairy decide!:)

It was not printed on our cruise documents. Our TA knows but no idea if she passed it along or not.

I've never been upgraded before, ever, so it would be really exciting to have it happen but if not we are (almost) as thrilled. A girl can dream though, right?

I am making some door decorations and already working on surprises for my husband. I proposed to him on a Celebrity cruise and I really kind of pulled out all the romantic stops I could think of. I don't think I can top myself this time but I'd like to try!

We are on Insignia in sept and also have an inside disabled cabin on deck 4. We were not happy about booking it but out TA phoned Oceania who said it was ok to book. Our TA has informed us that if someone needs a disabled cabin Oceania will offer us an upgrade but unsure if it would be free or discounted cost. he says not matter what it’s a win win situation because we’ll either get an upgrade or keep our booked cabin which will be larger than a normal cabin in the same category.

You didn’t mention whether you are on an R ship or an O ship but if the latter what about a couples massage (they call it a side by side massage) in the Canyon Ranch spa? The rooms are lovely and I bet you could even get them to set up a bottle of champagne for you. [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You didn’t mention whether you are on an R ship or an O ship but if the latter what about a couples massage (they call it a side by side massage) in the Canyon Ranch spa? The rooms are lovely and I bet you could even get them to set up a bottle of champagne for you. [emoji7]

We are on Insignia- do they do this there, and where can I see a price list? Thanks for the suggestion.

We are on Insignia in sept and also have an inside disabled cabin on deck 4. We were not happy about booking it but out TA phoned Oceania who said it was ok to book. Our TA has informed us that if someone needs a disabled cabin Oceania will offer us an upgrade but unsure if it would be free or discounted cost. he says not matter what it’s a win win situation because we’ll either get an upgrade or keep our booked cabin which will be larger than a normal cabin in the same category.

I didn't consider it a winning situation because I'd rather have a normal room. I figure, what good is all the extra space if you can't have any furniture there anyway? Also, not thrilled about the needed modifications in the bathroom. I was hoping someone else would need the room so we could be moved, honestly. There were no regular G cabins left when we booked, and it would have been $800 more to get an F, so I figured I didn't have much choice.

there are not many G cabins on the ship

5 regular ones 4 of those are at the front so may not be the best area if you suffer from the motion of the ocean

3 H/C

Fingers crossed you get a different cabin but if not you will probably still have a good cruise ...you will be together

there are not many G cabins on the ship

5 regular ones 4 of those are at the front so may not be the best area if you suffer from the motion of the ocean

3 H/C

Fingers crossed you get a different cabin but if not you will probably still have a good cruise ...you will be together

Thank you for the good wishes! Yes, we'll be together and that's what matters... and on a cruise!!! :D:Dclear.png?emoji-grin-1677

We are on Insignia- do they do this there, and where can I see a price list? Thanks for the suggestion.

The couples massages are only offered on the O ships to my knowledge. I believe you can access the spa menu on the O website or google Oceania spa services and it will come up.

Susie, I'm going back a number of posts but you should make sure that your TA knows (and conveys to Oceania) that this is a honeymoon! You want to do all you can to get better accommodations.

BUT as you say, being together should be prize enough! When my husband and I were sailing as newly weds we were in cabins with a port hole and bunk beds. We still had a wonderful time!

Mura

Susie, I'm going back a number of posts but you should make sure that your TA knows (and conveys to Oceania) that this is a honeymoon! You want to do all you can to get better accommodations.

BUT as you say, being together should be prize enough! When my husband and I were sailing as newly weds we were in cabins with a port hole and bunk beds. We still had a wonderful time!

Mura

Oh my goodness, Mura- that doesn't sound like a comfortable honeymoon! But I am glad you had a wonderful time.

I will email my TA just to double check that she let Oceania know. Thanks :)

I didn't consider it a winning situation because I'd rather have a normal room. I figure, what good is all the extra space if you can't have any furniture there anyway? Also, not thrilled about the needed modifications in the bathroom. I was hoping someone else would need the room so we could be moved, honestly. There were no regular G cabins left when we booked, and it would have been $800 more to get an F, so I figured I didn't have much choice.

My TA stated it was a win win situation not me. I wasn’t happy too book a disabled cabin either as we have a friend who’s wheelchair bound and I’d hate to think I took that cabin away from him. We booked as soon as our sept 18 cruise came out and the 2 or 3 cabins left in my price range were all disabled cabins. If we get offered an upgrade which we have to pay for it will have to be at an amazing low price for us to afford it. I’m guessing the shower room will be bigger with maybe a wet room type shower. The only other modifications I can think about is a pull down seat in shower and grab handles. We’ve been allocated accessible rooms in hotels before and these were the only adaptions we’ve encountered in bathroom.

Sent from my iPad using Forums