Pre-Cruise Hotel Venice

oduphd

We booked the Italian Sojourn (Venice to Rome) cruise for July 2019 and are very excited about the cruise and trying Viking Ocean for the first time. We do not typically do pre-cruise hotel through the cruise line but have put a hold at two nights with Viking before our trip. The hotel listed the the Hotel Molino Stucky a Hilton property. We know it is on Giudecca across from Venice proper. After doing a little research, I am very undecided about whether to keep or drop this from our reservation. Does anyone know the type of room that is provided? That will help us determine if the rate provided by Viking is okay or not. We appreciate input from anyone that has done this before.

I’m not sure what the rooms are lik, I’m sure they’re delightful... but take my advice, Please.

Stay in Venice proper. The traveling to and from the hotel will be laborious

I’ve been to Venice 3 times - and twice we stayed at the Luna Baglioni Hotel. It’s right next to Piazza San Marco. It’s beautiful.

There is a vaporetto station right in front and the Alilaguna boats that you can take to the cruise terminal are very close by.

You won’t be disappointed

I’m not sure what the rooms are lik, I’m sure they’re delightful... but take my advice, Please.

Stay in Venice proper. The traveling to and from the hotel will be laborious

I’ve been to Venice 3 times - and twice we stayed at the Luna Baglioni Hotel. It’s right next to Piazza San Marco. It’s beautiful.

There is a vaporetto station right in front and the Alilaguna boats that you can take to the cruise terminal are very close by.

You won’t be disappointed

Thank you so much for your feedback. I will definitely check it out. I'm also thrilled to hear you liked the cruise.

We have stayed in Venice twice, both times in the Hilton Molino Stucky [on points]. It is a wonderful hotel, despite being somewhat out of the way. Giudecca is quiet and peaceful at night, but there are several good restaurants right along from the hotel. There is also good Allilaguna service direct from the hotel to San Marco. Both the Blue and Red lines stop right at the hotel; Marittima is two stops away, and in the other direction you can go all the way to the airport [slow but cheap and scenic]. But I would check the Hilton website for prices – you can probably stay there for 1/2 or less of what Viking [or any other cruise line] charges.

We have stayed in Venice twice, both times in the Hilton Molino Stucky [on points]. It is a wonderful hotel, despite being somewhat out of the way. Giudecca is quiet and peaceful at night, but there are several good restaurants right along from the hotel. There is also good Allilaguna service direct from the hotel to San Marco. Both the Blue and Red lines stop right at the hotel; Marittima is two stops away, and in the other direction you can go all the way to the airport [slow but cheap and scenic]. But I would check the Hilton website for prices – you can probably stay there for 1/2 or less of what Viking [or any other cruise line] charges.

I highly recommend the Hilton as well. Quiet and wonderful rooftop bar. Very easy transport to San Marco and a great concierge lounge, as well. We also arranged for them to pick us up at the airport. No waiting at the water taxi stand and private ride directly to the hotel. Couldn’t have been better.