Purchasing liquor on board

MSPCUBS

I would like to purchase a bottle of liquor to keep in our cabin for cocktails. I want to do it once we board as we have an on board credit. How do you do this and how about how long does it take to be delivered to our cabin?

I would like to purchase a bottle of liquor to keep in our cabin for cocktails. I want to do it once we board as we have an on board credit. How do you do this and how about how long does it take to be delivered to our cabin?

Just call room service and order. It will be in your room shortly.

You can go to a bar to see what they have but, I believe they will require you to order via room service. (That's what we had to do.)

You can call Cabin Service or stop by the Ocean Bar to order a bottle.

No matter which way you do it, it will take a while before it is delivered to the cabin. The crew is very busy on embarkation day.

If you are sailing out of Florida or Seattle, you will also pay a state tax on top of the 15% gratuity.

We are usually told it could take an hour to deliver a bottle to the cabin. I don't think it has ever taken that long. Although we don't usually order the bottle on the first day, as it is a busy day. However, if you are willing to wait in the cabin, go ahead and do it.

We have pre-ordered a bottle and also have ordered a bottle while on the ship with no problem, however the price was different. The bottle we ordered on board was cheaper, so I'm going to wait till I get on board to order this time.

We have pre-ordered a bottle and also have ordered a bottle while on the ship with no problem, however the price was different. The bottle we ordered on board was cheaper, so I'm going to wait till I get on board to order this time.

How true I compared the pre-purchase price to the bottle of wine we bought in the MDR, and the pre-board was higher.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have been able to buy individual bottles of wine in a bar down the hall and take it to the cabin. I noticed the bar prices for the unopened bottle was less than half of any of the room service, MDR, or pre-board available wines. Yes, it was a lesser "brand," but fine for us. This was on the Maasdam last year. Was this just a very friendly bar tender, or is this common practice on all HAL ships? I'd add our terrific cabin steward was happy to deliver wine glasses for the duration.

Will I be able to buy a bottle onboard, either from a bar or duty free and pay for it with a beverage card?

We have bought bottles of wine while in the MDR, Pinnacle Grill and Tamarind and have paid for them using the Beverage Cards.

You can not use your Beverage Card to bottles of anything in the Duty Free Shops. Plus alcohol or wine you buy there is charged to your shipboard account and is held until the last day of the cruise.