Cunard Cruise - 14 days - Rome to Rome - October 2018

McKnight

I would really like to hear from people who have done this cruise and have some helpful advice. I am particularly interested in the excursions, which ones are really good and are a must and which ones are unnecessary because there are other options available on-shore. Any other helpful hints and ideas and need to knows would be gratefully appreciated.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Are you on V830 leaving Rome (Civitavecchia) for 14 nights from 6 October to 20 October 2018 on board Queen Victoria ?

Ports of call -

Corfu, Greece

Split, Croatia

Portoroz, Slovenia

Venice, Italy (overnight)

Rijeka, Croatia

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Kotor, Montenegro

Naples, Italy

Looks like a very nice itinerary, have you been to any of the ports before ? Several of them are very easy to do on your own.

This is the cruise we will be going on, I have been to Venice and Rome many years ago, any cruising hints would be gratefully appreciated as this will be my second cruise in my life, the first was an Alaskan cruise on Holland America many years ago Vancouver to Vancouver, loved it!

Agree (as usual) with Hattie. Hopefully there will be groups organizing their own tours on the Roll Calls.

I also recommend the Port of Call boards for extensive info on tours and self-tours on the common ports and other tips and tricks. Of course, the posters on these boards will be from all ships and lines, whereas the Roll Call members will be on your actual cruise with you,

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

You may not be aware, but you can usually get a superior tour experience for significantly less money by directly using local tour operators (many of whom provide the tours that Cunard marks up and sells). You may not be comfortable using this option, but you should at least be aware of it.

Thank you for the link to our Roll and thank you Susan for starting it.Sorry that you have had to cancel.

It's hard to find our specific Roll Call on the Find Your Roll Call Link.

The itinerary looks fantastic and we are looking forward to this Cruise in October