Review-MSC Divina Cruise 4-26-14

Mrs. Squirrel

• 10 months later...
We broke a few of the cruise ‘rules’ on this trip. We flew in the morning of debarkation and we booked a flight out early on the day of debarkation. Even though I know better, it could not be helped. Rich lives and works in another city in Indianapolis. He has a work apartment and comes home on the weekends. He only had five days of vacation left when we booked Divina, therefore, we could not fly out on Friday. He arrives home on Friday nights around 5pm if the traffic is good. Since the Southwest/AirTran merger, non-stop flights into and out of Indy have doubled in price and the schedules have gotten weird. More on that later.

When Rich hit the door at 5pm, I had all the laundry done and ready to pack. Somehow, this very simple process morphed into an eight hour ordeal. We finally went to bed at 1:30am, then up again at 4:30am. Left the house at 6am for our 7:30am, non-stop flight on Southwest and arrived in Ft. Lauderdale about ½ hour early due to a strong tail wind. Luckily for us, SAS transportation was able to get us on a shared shuttle to the Port of Miami earlier than our 11am reservations. So far; so good. I still would not fly in the day of a cruise. It was too stressful. Anything can happen. Just don’t do it!

There are no happy airline travel photos to share with you. My husband dreads airport security like a root canal. I assume because of his looks, he gets picked out often to do the "full monty" of security measures. :eek: This plus lack of sleep caused one grumpy husband. My request to do a selfie with him on the airplane was met with one half-opened, glaring eye and a grunt. There will be no more pictures until we board the ship and Rich has had some food.

What a great writer you are! I just started reading this and I am hooked! Cheers to you Mrs. Squirrel! Why did you pick this name?

What a great writer you are! I just started reading this and I am hooked! Cheers to you Mrs. Squirrel! Why did you pick this name?

Thank you for your kind comments. It was a wonderful trip.

In the time since I wrote this review, I am devastated to say that my Rich passed away unexpectedly while we were on the Carnival Miracle. It happened last January. This was the last trip we had alone together. I will live on these wonderful memories for the rest of my life. I hope you get a chance to enjoy this beautiful ship. My son and I will be aboard her again in less than a month.

The reason for my name is this. The day my sister first met Rich, she immediately noted how he looked like Boris Badenov from The Rocky & Bullwinkle Show. She said out loud, "The Moose & the Squirrel!" Those nicknames stuck. I became Mrs. Squirrel and he Mr. Moose. Our young son is nicknamed Squoose.

My apology to all the kind posters whom I did not get back to in a timely manner. I had no idea that folks were even still reading this review. Due to Rich's passing, I was not on CC for the majority of 2015. As you can imagine, there were many months when I thought I'd never cruise again. :(

Happy Sailing to you all, whatever your future plans!

My apology to all the kind posters whom I did not get back to in a timely manner. I had no idea that folks were even still reading this review. Due to Rich's passing, I was not on CC for the majority of 2015. As you can imagine, there were many months when I thought I'd never cruise again. :(

Happy Sailing to you all, whatever your future plans!

Sorry for your loss and yes your review was wonderful and enjoy your upcoming cruise.

You picked up another fan of your review! My sincerest condolences for losing your husband, the love you had for each other was evident throughout your review.

I hope you consider writing another review with your sailing this month.

Bon Voyage and God's blessings to you.

Mrs Squirrel, my deepest condolences on Rich's passing.

Your review on the Divina was great and as the previous poster noted, it's obvious the joy you shared with Rich on your cruise.

I was a loyal NCL cruiser who has been mulling over trying a different cruise line in 2016 due to all the changes NCL has made in the past year. After reading your review, I booked the Divina for Nov 2016. I appreciate the comparisons you made to NCL as well as the highlights of meeting a different mix of passengers.

Best wishes to you and your son on your upcoming cruise!

Barb

Thank you for your kind comments. It was a wonderful trip.

In the time since I wrote this review, I am devastated to say that my Rich passed away unexpectedly while we were on the Carnival Miracle. It happened last January. This was the last trip we had alone together. I will live on these wonderful memories for the rest of my life. I hope you get a chance to enjoy this beautiful ship. My son and I will be aboard her again in less than a month.

The reason for my name is this. The day my sister first met Rich, she immediately noted how he looked like Boris Badenov from The Rocky & Bullwinkle Show. She said out loud, "The Moose & the Squirrel!" Those nicknames stuck. I became Mrs. Squirrel and he Mr. Moose. Our young son is nicknamed Squoose.

What a shock! So sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and to your son. Enjoy your cruise on 1/30/16

Mrs. Squirrel,

Thank you for your wonderful complete review of your cruise on the Divina... I hope you find the time to review again when you sail her in '16.

Please accept my sincere condolences for the loss of your beloved husband; my heart aches for you and yours.

Bon Voyage!