Solo on the Divina 09/20/2014

maureencruiser

Thanks for the wonderful review Maureen. I had a deadline to finish some work but thanks to your review I could'nt stop reading and could not finish my work :eek:

I guess we are going to be sailing on same dates as you on Divina (7th May).

Yay, maybe I can finish my review! :p

Yay, maybe I can finish my review! :p

Yes please. I have been waiting on you to complete this review. I started waiting with baited breath, and now I look more like Rip Van Winkle.:) I have started 2 reviews in "word" and have still yet to post them and one is almost 8 months old. Real life gets in the way but in all honesty Maureen I love your reviews and if this finished you would complete me.:p

I hope you are well and all is good. I posted on another thread on the RC boards that Yorkvillian is doing a live review on NCL. It is a classic like yours are. It won't help you in finishing this one, but it will give you some laughs.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2317327

Hi Maureen,

I loved reading your review. And Sorry to hear about your mum.

I'm from Australia and want to do a solo cruise to the Caribbean in August as I will be in the US that month. So far the Divina is the cheapest I've come across. I can't believe the prices of some of the others! And then to to top it of, the exchange rate with the Aussie dollar is not good and it's more expensive.

Have you got a review of your December cruise?

Heidi

Maureen, I just went back this morning and read the review from Christmas 2014 to now and my stomach sunk. I'm sorry I hadn't read it before I posted yesterday as I would have posted this first.

I am sorry for the passing of your mom. As you eluded she had not been good for a while, but knowing she is no longer suffering will have eased her pain. As time passes the good memories rise to the top, and I honestly hope those are the memories that you have of your mom. I remember reading in one of your first reviews that you and your mom cruised together. I could only imagine the antics the two of you got up to. Please except my apologies as I am sorry that I didn't read the entire thread first before posting yesterday.

Safe travels on Thursday to your literal sailing. If you happen to read this before you go, which ship and itinerary are you on? I can think of you sipping on a frosty drink watching the sunset, while I sit in my office looking outside at the snow.

I am sending you a virtual hug for today and as many as you need for when your mom passed.

Andrew.

Have you got a review of your December cruise?

No' date=' I haven't attempted another one since this one petered out.

Safe travels on Thursday to your literal sailing. If you happen to read this before you go, which ship and itinerary are you on? I can think of you sipping on a frosty drink watching the sunset, while I sit in my office looking outside at the snow.

I am sending you a virtual hug for today and as many as you need for when your mom passed.

Andrew.

Thanks, Andrew. My Mom is where she wanted to be, reunited with her husband. She used to ask me, Why won't God take me? I've booked the Seaside on her birthday in 2018, I think she would like that.

I leave Thursday for 2 nights in St Maarten then I'm doing the Yachtsman's Caribbean on Windstar's Wind Surf, that should be an adventure. It was a chance to do something completely different with no solo supplement, free drinks, free shore excursions, free internet....

9002-51575.jpg

Thanks, Andrew. My Mom is where she wanted to be, reunited with her husband. She used to ask me, Why won't God take me? I've booked the Seaside on her birthday in 2018, I think she would like that.

I leave Thursday for 2 nights in St Maarten then I'm doing the Yachtsman's Caribbean on Windstar's Wind Surf, that should be an adventure. It was a chance to do something completely different with no solo supplement, free drinks, free shore excursions, free internet....

9002-51575.jpg

Like I said big hugs, if you need them. As you parents are together, I try to take comfort that our daughter is with my dad and multiple grandparents. It doesn't make it better, but it helps. As for your cruise enjoy it. All I can think of was that Christopher Cross song about sailing from the 80s. Now it will be in my head all day. As for one day, hopefully we will be on the same cruise, Lisa and I would love to have a drink in person and you can tell about the voyage. You never know with cruising, that day could actually happen. :)

No single supplement and all those other freebies. That is WOW. I will have to check the out your ports of call and dream a little from behind the desk. OK, now I have Dream Weaver in my head.

Enjoy and hope to see you on the CC boards again soon.

Andrew

• 2 months later...
I just wanted to let everyone know that if my unlimited internet works as planned, I will be doing a live review starting this Saturday. :D:D

Yay Maureen!!!!!! I need to know if MSC is selling the "MED" products like the diffuser in the logo store:

269782_189511731103146_6598768_n.jpg?oh=2f7bce7e24b626aad59f686795120f85&oe=57E689DC

Yay Maureen!!!!!! I need to know if MSC is selling the "MED" products like the diffuser in the logo store:

Yay, Mike!!!!!! I'll look! Maybe I should start a thread now and take questions like LMaxwell did. If I do, please repost this on that thread or I might forget. When are you back on Lady D?

Yay, Mike!!!!!! I'll look! Maybe I should start a thread now and take questions like LMaxwell did. If I do, please repost this on that thread or I might forget. When are you back on Lady D?

I sure will Maureen!! We have a b2b booked on Lady "S" starting on April 21st 2018. We may try and sail Divina some time later this year. We moved up to Rhode Island to help my girlfriend take care of her mom so it's not as easy as driving to the POM any longer to catch the ship. :(

I sure will Maureen!! We have a b2b booked on Lady "S" starting on April 21st 2018. We may try and sail Divina some time later this year. We moved up to Rhode Island to help my girlfriend take care of her mom so it's not as easy as driving to the POM any longer to catch the ship. :(

I'm sorry to hear about your MIL, hope she's doing better, now that you're there. I knew you were going on Lady S, we will miss each other by one week. :( If I forget to answer you, send me a message on FB, I'll be checking in there daily.

I'm sorry to hear about your MIL, hope she's doing better, now that you're there. I knew you were going on Lady S, we will miss each other by one week. :( If I forget to answer you, send me a message on FB, I'll be checking in there daily.

Thank You Maureen!! She is doing much better!! I certainly will send you a FB message!!:D