MSC Magnifica picture heavy fun review -- 12 days British Isles incl. DIY port trips

Kreuzfahrtneuling

Hi Johan,

:confused: I'm in a newsletter? Weird. But hey, the more people the merrier :D. Glad you liked the review! Now to your questions:

1. The Panda-car trip to Scotland is planned for the summer of 2016 .... so lol -- no blog yet. And since it ain't a cruise... there probably won't be a blog at all:(.

2. We didn't hope for an excursion in the beginning! We planned to use public transport. I had it all figured out! Just the storm and the very delayed docking in port ruined our plans. Okay, I guess, we could have spontaneously hired a car on sight as well --- but then again I didn't prepare any road maps or so forth, so the driving to and from the causeway (which is quite a distance) would have been strenuous .... plus I must admit that I was scared to drive in Belfast with all those separating walls still intakt. THAT'S why we decided to look for a tour.

3. We couldn't miss a window, since we never experienced one during a cruise so far .... always stayed in inside cabins. I don't know if I'd have missed it otherwise. We basically only use the cabin to sleep, change and clean up .... all the remaining time we use the amenities on board. And the large glass windows in the back of the l'Ametista lounge showed a scenic spectacle during the storm. One of the cruise highlights I'll never forget. I don't know if a cabin window would have had the same WOW effect. But if I ever sail in a Balcony cabin .... I'll write about the difference, okay? Wait Elmartellama just had a balcony for the first time on his Norway cruise .... We should ask him .... Elmar? Any comments?

Stef

1. The Panda-car trip to Scotland is planned for the summer of 2016 .... so lol -- no blog yet. And since it ain't a cruise... there probably won't be a blog at all:(.

Stef

It is very easy to start a blog on BlogSpot (or other sites) and much easier to post than it is here for those non-cruise adventures. There is no limit on pictures!

And your fans NEED to hear about your Scotland Panda Adventures!

Denise

It is very easy to start a blog on BlogSpot (or other sites) and much easier to post than it is here for those non-cruise adventures. There is no limit on pictures!

And your fans NEED to hear about your Scotland Panda Adventures!

Denise

Hi Denise,

Mhh... I don't know yet. I got so used writing on cruise critic. But rest assured: it won't be our last cruise (and therefore more reviews will follow), since I am starting to show withdrawal symptoms already! Tanja has a week off work at the end of Oktober ... and the kid has fall-holidays then .... Mhhhhhh:rolleyes::D.

Stef

Hi Denise,

Mhh... I don't know yet. I got so used writing on cruise critic. But rest assured: it won't be our last cruise (and therefore more reviews will follow), since I am starting to show withdrawal symptoms already! Tanja has a week off work at the end of Oktober ... and the kid has fall-holidays then .... Mhhhhhh:rolleyes::D.

Stef

Ooooh! I am holding my thumbs for a new cruise in October!

I suppose you could always add some of your Scotland Panda adventures here, since they could be "suggestions" of what to do on a British Isles cruise.....

Ooooh! I am holding my thumbs for a new cruise in October!

I suppose you could always add some of your Scotland Panda adventures here, since they could be "suggestions" of what to do on a British Isles cruise.....

Hi Denise,

the cruise in oktober would be on the Fantasia .... and we'd see Malta again .... sigh .... holding my thumbs .... but it isn't very likely. Right now we seem to have a phase of all kinds of machinery breaking down and needing replacement. I wish I had more money, but then --who doesn't.

I like the idea of adding "suggestions" here :) -- I'll think about it.

Stef

Hi Denise,

the cruise in oktober would be on the Fantasia .... and we'd see Malta again .... sigh .... holding my thumbs .... but it isn't very likely. Right now we seem to have a phase of all kinds of machinery breaking down and needing replacement. I wish I had more money, but then --who doesn't.

I like the idea of adding "suggestions" here :) -- I'll think about it.

Stef

How is it that machinery always knows when you want to go on a trip and breaks down! I am hoping for very small repairs and a big pile of money heading your way!

We only spent one day in Valletta, but I would love to see Malta again!

• 7 months later...

Hello Stef,

I stumbled upon your review via a post you wrote to DeloreanGirl on her British Isles cruise and read it all just like a novel. In fact, I'm neglecting my monthly book club selection and will have to hurry up or " 'fess up" I was adventuring with you and your family instead of reading "The Martian."

In fact, you inspired me to get out my Rick Steves in Ireland/Scotland DVD and watched while doing laundry last night.

I'm heading over to read your Canary Island report next.

What I found so fascinating, besides your excellent DIY adventures, was the descriptions of being aboard an Italian cruise line. We have cruised Princess, Disney and Celebrity, so all very Americanized (well, the Baltic cruise on Celebrity was pretty British-y).

The responses to your posts were also great to read. Cruise Critic can be heavy on the "Critic" part at times but it's obvious there is a sense of community also.

JoAnn

• 7 months later...