Divina B1 vs B2 vs B3?

Okmyx

Can anyone tell me if cabin # 9192 will have a couch? We will be sailing MSC for the first time in Dec. Will be on Divina.

Pat

No, you will not have couch or chair. See pics I posted in post #821 (I think). EM

No, you will not have couch or chair. See pics I posted in post #821 (I think). EM

This is very disappointing as when you look at descriptions and pictures, it shows cabin we booked with a couch. What do we need to book to get a couch in our room? My husband has a bad back and needs someplace confortable to sit in the cabin.

Pat

This is very disappointing as when you look at descriptions and pictures, it shows cabin we booked with a couch. What do we need to book to get a couch in our room? My husband has a bad back and needs someplace confortable to sit in the cabin.

Pat

You need to consult the deck plans and note that section of 'hump' cabins that seem to have skinnier balconies. That is where your cabin currently is, and where you do not want to be. Just look for a Bella balcony in another location. Any balcony cabin that is noted for 3/4 people will have a couch. There are a group of balconies on decks 8,9 midship that have tubs instead of shower, and they will not have a couch, just a large chair. EM

Just booked first msc cruise on Divina, we have been given a guarantee B1 balcony. When are we likely to be assigned a cabin? Our cruise is in November. Is it likely we will be able to request a change if we don’t like it?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...
We have booked 8226 on the Divina. It looks like the wall on the forward is metal. Is this true? Can you tell me anything else about it?

We were in 9215, so I think this is an improvement. :)

you are correct when you say the end wall is metal

I think you have nothing to worry about.

you have a great position for a Bella balcony cabin

no lifeboat blocking your view; no overhang cutting out the sunshine;

Here is where your cabin is

8226_1.jpg

9215 is buried deep inside the rear recess and will suffer badly from restricted views and shadows cast by the two humps.

it does however have a bath, but you would not have had a couch but have an armchair

I think you have made good choice by opting for 8226

Pete

Amazing thread, thanks for taking the time to answer each query. We just booked the 12/20/18 Divina out of Miami, and we were assigned cabin 12126. After perusing all 42 pages of this thread, what I surmise is that:

(1) this is an accessible cabin, so it may be a bit larger;

(2) the cabin is in the recessed section, so the overhang from Deck 14 will block the sun most of the day; and

(3) the balcony is wide but not very deep.

Am I missing or misconstruing anything? I like the concept of having shade, but I’m worried that the overhang might be a bit too much shade. I’m also concerned that the field of view might be restricted given that the cabin sits in the recessed area.

I would welcome your suggestions as to whether I should strive to secure a different cabin. For reference, we are a party of three, we prefer midship locations because of the ship’s movement, and we are booked in the B2 category.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your knowledge with all of us.

I am surprised that you received a HC cabin as a gty six months out - if you didn't ask for one. It is definitely larger, not just a little bit. The balcony is the same depth as the other regular balcony cabins. These pictures are of 12153, across the hallway from 12126:

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

I can't address the effect of the overhang, but someone else will be along to do so. EM

If you are are trying to decide on particular cabins, I have a listing of every cabin onboard with the square footage of the cabin overall (plus broken down into bathroom and living space) and the balcony. Let me know if you need that info on certain ones.

Overall, I think B2 is a safe bet though some forward have steel balcony siding versus plexiglass.

Bret

Do you have this list posted somewhere?

• 4 weeks later...
I have now moved to cabin 8007 which the description shows with a couch. I realize we are over the theater. Has anyone had this cabin?

Pat

You are aware ,I hope , that this cabin has an "in-hull" metal balcony

In-Hull balcony

in%20hull%20balcony.jpg

Thanks for all of your time, trouble and INFO!

Do you have any pics or info on #13052 on Divina?

Thanks, fflashh

This cabin is the standard square footage, 192 ( 168 living area; 24 bathroom) but the balcony is very much larger

Here is an image of a deck 13 balcony and shows the style of balcony, this is actually a mirror image of the balcony of 13052,

There will be no view forward, but that is the trade off for having a huge balcony .

balconybiggestcorner.jpg

I would expect the to be an area in the direct sunshine, at the outer part, along with a shaded part (nearer the cabin door).

This appears to be a balcony people love, because of the size , or hate because of limited views.

So you can decide wich is more important to you

Pete

Does anyone ha e a picture or info on cabin 12102

Thanks

If you are asking about Divina, it is a standard balcony cabin and connects to 12104. There are many pictures here of standard balconies. If you are asking about a different ship, please specify. EM

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Brett...I saw your post on cabins on MSc...they just changed my cabin from b1 to a b2 10090. Do you have any info on this cabin...hopefully not obstructed view etc.

Thanks.

Debbie

If you are are trying to decide on particular cabins, I have a listing of every cabin onboard with the square footage of the cabin overall (plus broken down into bathroom and living space) and the balcony. Let me know if you need that info on certain ones.

Overall, I think B2 is a safe bet though some forward have steel balcony siding versus plexiglass.

Bret

Hi Brett...I saw your post on cabins on MSc...they just changed my cabin from b1 to a b2 10090. Do you have any info on this cabin...hopefully not obstructed view etc.

Thanks.

Debbie

Would help to know which ship...If you are on Divina, it is a standard balcony cabin. I assume you are not on Seaside, as on her that cabin is a B1. And since this thread is titled Divina...

Here is a pic of a standard balcony:

enhance EM

Edited by Essiesmom

Would help to know which ship...If you are on Divina, it is a standard balcony cabin. I assume you are not on Seaside, as on her that cabin is a B1. And since this thread is titled Divina...

Here is a pic of a standard balcony:

enhance EM

Thanks very much. Is there a difference on the Divina between the b1 and b2? Not sure why they switched me from confirmed b1 to a b2?