Port Everglades Taxi or walk to Hotel?

sidari

Does anyone know if you can walk out of the port in order to get to a nearby hotel or do you have to take a taxi?

We will be staying at the Hilton Marina which is next to the S.E 17th street bridge across from the port and wondered if US customs allow you to walk out of the port or would you have to take a taxi ?

Any help appreciated.

Does anyone know if you can walk out of the port in order to get to a nearby hotel or do you have to take a taxi?

We will be staying at the Hilton Marina which is next to the S.E 17th street bridge across from the port and wondered if US customs allow you to walk out of the port or would you have to take a taxi ?

Any help appreciated.

YEs, you have to take taxi. Hotel is near the port but port is very big +there is no walkways + laggage .

Any help appreciated.

The port is huge, just getting out of this area would be difficult on foot.

Any help appreciated.

Yes, you can walk.

We have done this many times (in and out).

"Traditional" Princess and MSC terminals are the closest to the port entrance and the Hilton Marina.

Yes, you can walk.

We have done this many times (in and out).

"Traditional" Princess and MSC terminals are the closest to the port entrance and the Hilton Marina.

I concur that you are allowed. I presume that MSC usually docks at terminal 4, so it's a relatively simple walk out of the port from there, with sidewalks.

I tried to walk in, once, and was 'pulled over' by port security and told to get into a cab. Just me (mom-type) and 14 y/o kid. I asked why I had to get a taxi because I could see the ship and they said it was due to security. Since he had a gun, and I had a kid and two pieces of luggage, I didn't argue and flagged down a cab and paid my $10 (included a tip) and got dropped off.

The hotel had told me to do a taxi but of course I wanted to see what happened if I tried to walk. This was a few years ago, with Princess, and now I just save myself the hassle and do a taxi.

Archived