{{***MSC-DIVINA***LIVE***August 23rd - 30th***}}

Mikesa1721

When planning our first MSC Divina cruise, I came to this board asking some of the same questions many of you who are new to MSC are asking now. We received great information from many of the long time contributors on this forum and this compelled me to create a review of our upcoming sailing on August 23rd.

Since I will be LIVE on the ship, I decided to do things a little differently. I could post a daily blog of everything we encountered during the day, but that would seem a little boring, and quite honestly,,,I can't compete with Katgoesonholiday's current Eastern Med review or some of the other great reviews I've read on this board, so I've decided to let YOU, write the review for yourselves.

I will be taking any and all MSC Divina questions, from embarkation to debarkation and everything in between and post a list of answers and pics, as I get them, in this thread. I will however, ask you to yield to Skier52 and Cruisetrail for any of your cabin or stateroom questions, unless of course you are booked in stateroom 16008 or 12006,, then I can help you. We will also be traveling with a toddler, so mom's and dad's,,we have you covered.

So,,with that said, let's get our trip together started!!!!

Thanks Michelle!!! We are going to have a great time!!! I'll have a few Yacht Club pics up for you Saturday afternoon so stay tuned!!!

I'll be tuning in often! I booked this cruise in February so it's been a long wait. Can't believe it's almost here!

I am interested in a wine making event I saw somewhere but I"m not sure if they're offering it yet. Would you mind checking if this is available? You get to custom blend a wine and take a couple of bottles home. TIA ;)

Michelle

Edited by FLAMOM24

I am interested in a wine making event I saw somewhere but I"m not sure if they're offering it yet. Would you mind checking if this is available? You get to custom blend a wine and take a couple of bottles home. TIA ;)

Michelle

I've read about that Michelle. Kim is very interested in doing that, she does love her wine,, so we were going to search that "excursion" out.

Will be following your " live" also. Hoping you find familiar faces in the YC. We did the wine blending but didn't buy any bottles. You can have your own private label on them. It was fun.

Cruisegal,

This is great news. I was really looking forward to doing this but I'd read somewhere that it wasn't being offered until November so I was disappointed. Do you remember how/where you signed up to do this?

Michelle

Mike,

Kim's a smart woman! LOL I'll be checking back to see if you guys actually got to do this and what your thoughts are. :)

Michelle

Edited by FLAMOM24

Will be following your " live" also. Hoping you find familiar faces in the YC. We did the wine blending but didn't buy any bottles. You can have your own private label on them. It was fun.

Cruisergal,,We actually saw our butler in the MSC Divina World Cup video that was posted on MSC's Facebook page. So glad he is still there!!!

Do they teach you how to make wine? Not sure if I'd want to drink a 6 day old vintage that I made myself:p,,

Have a great cruise Mike looking foward to your pictures and observations.

Thanks Riclop!!! Been looking forward to this cruise since the day we last disembarked Divina. First time in a YC3 suite, so we're both very excited,, but even more excited for our 3 year old nephew who will be cruising for his first time.:D

I hope you have a great cruise Mike - though I am sure you will! I'm looking forward to photos and accounts of the Yacht Club and your lovely rooms. I'm very envious!

Bon voyage! :)

Thanks Kat!!!,,I just finished the last installment of your review and am not looking forward to disembarking the ship on the 30th,,but in the meantime, we are looking forward to a great trip nonetheless!!! Which Disney ship are you sailing on in December Kat?? We will be in port on Tuesday with The Disney Fantasy. Our nephew is 3 and he is going to flip when he sees this ship in person btw. I'll get some pics for you and your kids.:)

And speaking of wine...

Could you see if they offer a Moscato or White Zin in the MDR or the wine bar? A wine list with bottle prices would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! This is going to be a great review!

Trish

And speaking of wine...

Could you see if they offer a Moscato or White Zin in the MDR or the wine bar? A wine list with bottle prices would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! This is going to be a great review!

Trish

Sure will Trish,,I've updated the list with your requests!!!

I'd love to know the names and winery of the two RED wines offered on the cheap wine package. $72 USD for seven bottles that you can only drink in the dining rooms.

We have you covered Jkgourmet! I'll get a comprehensive wine list for you so if you see something you like, you have the ability to change your package if it is not included in your current package.:)

Quote - Cruisegal,

This is great news. I was really looking forward to doing this but I'd read somewhere that it wasn't being offered until November so I was disappointed. Do you remember how/where you signed up to do this?

Michelle

Here is what the daily had about the Winemaker Experience

Taste - Blend - Create your own custom bottle of wine! Join our winemaker as he/she guides you through the art of wine blending.The wine blending experience lasts approx. 90 minutes. Reservations are required and space is limited. Call **** to reserve yoiur space.

Pricing: Corkage fee $8

Session: $15pp or $25pcouple

Bottle prices: 1=$25 (and prices go down the more you order)

1pm & 4pm, La Cantina di Bacco, Deck 7

Mike, they do not teach you how to make wine but how to blend different wines to make one you like. It was a fun time but once was enough.

It was held on the first day at sea and again later in the cruise.

Edited by Cruisergal1208

Quote - Cruisegal,

Michelle

Here is what the daily had about the Winemaker Experience

Taste - Blend - Create your own custom bottle of wine! Join our winemaker as he/she guides you through the art of wine blending.The wine blending experience lasts approx. 90 minutes. Reservations are required and space is limited. Call **** to reserve yoiur space.

Pricing: Corkage fee $8

Session: $15pp or $25pcouple

Bottle prices: 1=$25 (and prices go down the more you order)

1pm & 4pm, La Cantina di Bacco, Deck 7

Mike, they do not teach you how to make wine but how to blend different wines to make one you like. It was a fun time but once was enough.

It was held on the first day at sea and again later in the cruise.

Well that's a little unfortunate Cruisergal!! I suppose it would be ok to try once??

I think we might be better off spending the $25.00 on a decent bottle of wine that is actually palatable,,,I don't trust myself to blend something I might like:eek: