Got cabin fever. Summit 6136 or 7203?

HawaiiUK

Help!!! I've changed my cabin 3 times already, and wondering whether to change again.

I had a C3 cabin which was connecting, so got that changed to a non-connecting room. My final payment is due basically this week, and I noticed prices had dropped. I booked through Celebrity (UK based) and was on the phone this morning, having debated with myself and DH whether to go for 6136 or 7203. Well, that choice was taken out of my hands, as 7203 disappeared as I watched.

At first the lady on the phone couldn't quite believe prices had dropped that much, but after checking with her supervisor, allowed me to upgrade to C1 (6136) at no extra cost (to be honest, I'm still half convinced it's a bit cheaper now than I paid for my C3, although she said it was an extra £90 difference). This evening, I see 7203 is available again, and now I'm dithering.

I have scoured CC and Youtube trying to decide between these two, and am just looking for any final words of advice from you lovely people. From what I can see:

6136 - quieter area within the suites. Connecting room so just the sofa for one. Connecting room may mean some neighbourly noise ... or it may not be an issue at all. Bigger balcony than my C3. May or may not have loungers (I would like loungers!) Side view might be nice for entering and leaving ports.

7203 - Even bigger balcony with loungers. Some people like the wake; DH has expressed a query that we won't really see much from the balcony. Also queried whether there would be a tunnel effect and it would be windy. Presumably (given location of both cabins) not a lot of difference in the amount of movement we may feel in stormy / choppy weather.

Aarghhh. Should I be happy with what I've now got, or is it worth moving to the sunset view one? Of course the option I probably should have gone for is stick with the C3 one and tried for OBC!! But to be honest, I've coveted these cabins ever since I first booked and had thought I couldn't justify the extra cost.

Thank you!

We have been in 6136 on Summit for an RT Hawaii and it was great. Our neighbors (connecting) were my cousin and her husband so we really didn't have any noise complaints. Balcony had a great view in port and felt protected from the wind.

I love 7203 and stayed in that cabin many times. The aft balcony is 10feet by 20feet. It comes with a large table and chairs and two loungers. You can be at the rail and look aft and right and left also. Great cabin. 6136 is also nice but not as nice as 7203 in my opinion

Pat

I looked at pics for both cabins you mentioned. They are both very similar with deep balconies. The reason I would choose 7203, is because I would personally never choose an adjoining cabin. Not worth the risk. Enjoy the Summit. I know she is an older ship (with a major re-furb coming up), but she is quite the lady.

I would go with 7203 in a second.....hands down.

Have stayed in 7208 and 6143 (other C1 in "suiteland"). IMHO, 6136 &35 are the least desirable C1s on the M class ships.......They are connecting rooms and right across the hall from the stewarts' work areas. That's why they are usually the last C1s to book.

Try the large balcony-aft view from 7203. You'll see why it's so popular!

Thank you all. I have changed to 7203. I think the fact that I've wondered over the years what it would be like to sail in an aft cabin won out, along with the connecting door in 6136 (which was the reason I'd changed my original cabin in the first place). Lovely, lovely American lady on Celebrity today; I'm sure I spoke to her yesterday. Anyway she was very helpful. So that's it. Final change. I'm not looking again now.

I think you made the correct choice. We were just in 6136 on Summit two weeks ago and have previously been in aft cabins many times on M-class ships. We prefer the afts. We only booked 6136 because there were no afts available. The balcony was large in 6136 but I like the wake and the view when leaving a port in the aft cabins. We had no problems with noise from the connecting neighbors in 6136, but we did hear noise from the steward's work room across the hall early in the morning a few times. As I said, I think you made the better choice. Enjoy your cruise!

Carol

So ... 50:50, lol!

To be honest, I always assumed you just see the wake of the ship rather than being able to see left and right as well!

Now in full disclosure, when you are sitting back up against your door/window, you won't have the same panoramic view that you do at the rail, but that's just common sense.

Congrats! I think you made a very wise decision....and YES....never look back. Start researching and planning your vacay instead.

Lol! The research and planning has been going on for months already. To be honest the rest of the holiday is just about sorted. Just got to pay for it all now!

I think I made the right decision as I feel very happy about it! DH says he knew I really wanted to go for that one. But isn't it daft? Because I've seen photos of the depth of that balcony (sooo looking forward to breakfasts on it), it hadn't occurred to me that I would see more by going up to the railing. And I like to think I'm reasonably smart! Oh well. Just 2 months to go now.

Thank you all for your input.