Just Back From Summit

dcruisers

Just got home from a wonderful week cruise (8/12-8/19) on the Summit. We sailed with 2 other couples and are all seasoned cruisers( approx. 30)

We ALL loved the service, food and entertainment- and the ship is in very good condition for its age. After reading negative reviews- we were very pleasantly surprised! I certainly can understand why it’s voted #1 in the fleet.

I will do a more complete review once I get settled unpacking, laundry etc.

Back to reality😓

Just got off that same sailing and completely agree with you. I was a bit worried based on some of the negative posts I had seen but it was a wonderful, relaxing week. Yes, there are some places where the ship is showing her age but it didn't detract from our enjoyment. The most notable to me is that the crew members were always smiling and helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just got off that same sailing and completely agree with you. I was a bit worried based on some of the negative posts I had seen but it was a wonderful, relaxing week. Yes, there are some places where the ship is showing her age but it didn't detract from our enjoyment. The most notable to me is that the crew members were always smiling and helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Exactly why we don't book or book a cruise line, ship or itinerary based on others opinion of their cruises. Thanks for posting.

So glad to hear of your great cruise on the Summit. My Family is sailing on the Summit for the Christmas Cruise out of San Juan. This will be our fist time doing a Christmas Holiday Sailing. I have no idea what to expect. If anyone can give me some insight I would love it. The last time we were on Celebrity was the Constellation back in 2001 (I think). Thanks.....

Glad to hear that the service is still very good on Summit. We loved her last fall for our Canada/NE cruise. We had Captain Alex. We were a bit worried when he and Captain Kate got reassigned but it sounds like you had an excellent cruise.

Just got home from a wonderful week cruise (8/12-8/19) on the Summit. We sailed with 2 other couples and are all seasoned cruisers( approx. 30)

We ALL loved the service, food and entertainment- and the ship is in very good condition for its age. After reading negative reviews- we were very pleasantly surprised! I certainly can understand why it’s voted #1 in the fleet.

Back to reality😓

So good to hear the Summit is still great! Who is the Captain? We are sailing in 2 weeks and so looking forward to Bermuda...Awaiting your review after you settle back. I know it's hard, but...Thanks!!:D

So good to hear the Summit is still great! Who is the Captain? We are sailing in 2 weeks and so looking forward to Bermuda...Awaiting your review after you settle back. I know it's hard, but...Thanks!!:D

Captain Harris was at the helm 8/5 to 8/12. Very personable.

Back to reality😓

was on the same cruise and couldn't agree more. read a lot of poor reviews on here but because of time constraints this was the only cruise that worked for us. glad I ignored the bad reviews because the boat was fantastic. crew was great. food was amazing. my only issue was that the week flew by way too fast.

Back to reality😓

Thank you, waiting for the complete review, please tell us about your disembark process. We board the Summit in 48 days, This will be my first time in NYC.

Thank you, waiting for the complete review, please tell us about your disembark process. We board the Summit in 48 days, This will be my first time in NYC.

I am not the OP, but we cruised Summit with port Cape Liberty in July and have 3 other times. It has always been a breeze. Actually, disembarking is not in NYC, but in Bayonne, NJ.

We just got a great deal for an Oct cruise and will doing her again soon.

Back to reality😓

Glad you had a wonderful time. We have had four wonderful times on the Summit. We were going to have a wonderful time somewhere else next year but after kicking it around for awhile we booked cruise number five on the Summit for next year again. :hearteyes:

was on the same cruise and couldn't agree more. read a lot of poor reviews on here but because of time constraints this was the only cruise that worked for us. glad I ignored the bad reviews because the boat was fantastic. crew was great. food was amazing. my only issue was that the week flew by way too fast.

Also on the same cruise and agree with you and the OP, Summit is still a class act with service and food. At one point my wife and I were talking about whether the menu in front of the Luminae was for lunch or dinner. A crew member dusting the walls overheard us and called someone and quickly informed us that it was the lunch menu. He could have easily gone about his business without any interaction with us. When someone you expect provides good service it is great, when someone who is not normally providing service gives you good service it is amazing.