Aft Family Veranda or C1 aft balcony 2 people Summit

14cruisegirl

Same price looking for advice which one to book. My choices are the family aft Veranda not the corner one or a C1 on deck 8. I think I would like the extra points and the embarkation lunch. I did hear that the family veranadas are very nice size. Please help make my decision!

FV are great 2 rooms vs one large room. If you snag a corner FV huge, I mean huge balcony. We were doing a B2B first leg in a Sky Suite 2nd in a corner FV. We left the ship on turn-around day & Butler moved our stuff. We ran into him that evening & he was amazed, he had never seen a FV and his comment was that is way larger than the Sky Suite.

We have been in the C1 afts many times and love them. I don't have any opinion/comparison of the FV's next to them (not the corners) because I've never been in one. I can tell you the C1 cabins are standard size, and the verandas are huge, more deep than wide.

One other thing that might concern me is that if a large family were to book at the last minute, would you guys be moved out of the FV since you are only 2?

We have been in the C1 afts many times and love them. I don't have any opinion/comparison of the FV's next to them (not the corners) because I've never been in one. I can tell you the C1 cabins are standard size, and the verandas are huge, more deep than wide.

One other thing that might concern me is that if a large family were to book at the last minute, would you guys be moved out of the FV since you are only 2?

I asked that question to Celebrity in the past and they told me no, that once that cabin is offered to you it is yours. We have had corner FV 3 times, booked way in advance and no problems

I had one of the FV - not the corner one - on the Infinity. We loved it! Since it is a FV, there were two rooms - the room closest to the balcony had 2 couches that could be made into beds - if there were other people. There is a TV in the main cabin and a TV in the 'bonus' room. Yes - the corner one has a bigger balcony and you can see around the corner.

I had a regular balcony booked. After final payment, the FV became available for a price cheaper than our balcony. They did not give me the difference in refund or OBC, but it was worth it!

I asked that question to Celebrity in the past and they told me no, that once that cabin is offered to you it is yours. We have had corner FV 3 times, booked way in advance and no problems

I tried to book an FV for our cruise and was told that you have to have five names on the booking before Celebrity will allow you to reserve one of these cabins.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I tried to book an FV for our cruise and was told that you have to have five names on the booking before Celebrity will allow you to reserve one of these cabins.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not true once they open them to general booking.

I would take the FV now and keep watching. If a corner one should become available you can always switch.

Mike