Fernando's 100% Agave

rich4949

We had the best day six years ago in Costa Maya just hanging out at Fernando's. We will finally be back again in a couple months, and wanted to go back to Fernando's. But I seem to be finding so much conflicting information online.

Best I can tell on Google Maps, the location is the same, or at least very close to where he was the last time we were there. By the second tram stop from the port.

But I'm seeing some info that is making me think he is only open for dinner. Not ideal for the 8-5 EST time in port.

Has anyone been there lately? Maybe give me some idea what to expect.

• 2 months later...

Did anyone find Fernando? We were there several years back and had a great time! I remember a couple years ago there was talk of him working at another restaurant and that agave wasn't open anymore? Maybe it's since reopened. Too bad we couldn't make a special request to see him. It was the best day! 

• 1 year later...

Yes, Fernando is running his liquor store now instead of his wife. I was there a couple of weeks ago and bought a good sipping tequila that he recommended and at a very good price. Now I wish I had bought 2 or 3 bottles to bring home.

Fernando knows his tequila and will give you very good recommendations and will be cheaper than any other place around. Of course you can stop in and buy a cold beer for $1 also. His store is on Calle Huauchinango which is the main street driving into town. I don't remember the name of the cross street. It is just a tiny little store that can't hold over 6 people at a time but very busy because many of the locals buy from him knowing he has the lowest prices.

• 1 year later...