Orient Beach

seaandsea

Going to St Maarten in October. Want to go to Orient Beach, don't know much about it though. What is the difference between Perch Lite and Bikini Beach? How far apart are they? Which is nicer? Just want a place we can rent a nice chair and have restroom facilities. Maybe get a drink? How much would a taxi be to either? Would appreciate any info.

Thanks,

Going to St Maarten in October. Want to go to Orient Beach, don't know much about it though. What is the difference between Perch Lite and Bikini Beach? Perch Lite is clothing optional. Club Orient was completely destroyed so just now has Perch Lite for food, drinks, and chairs. You will see lots of nudity there. Bikini Beach has been completely rebuilt. Nice new loungers and facilities. Two loungers and an umbrella is $20, but if you'd prefer to stay up in the restaurant/bar area you could.

How far apart are they? You could walk to get from one to the other. Not right next door to each other, though.

Which is nicer? We went to Bikini Beach twice in the last month. Good food, drink, and brand spanking new lounge chairs, umbrellas, and facilities. They rake the sargassum a lot - it is really bad this year.

Just want a place we can rent a nice chair and have restroom facilities. Maybe get a drink? Thanks, We never stopped in at Perch Lite but we fell in love the new Bikini Beach. Not very busy. There are no tour buses heading to Orient - not enough open yet - so it can be a nice relaxing day.

How much would a taxi be to either? At the taxi stand in port they will divide you up. If you go with a van full of people it's $7 per person. Otherwise if it is just two of you it's $20. We never had a problem sharing a taxi to the beach. Coming back same kind of costs.The taxis drop off at Bikini Beach, but if you want to go to Perch Lite they would (reluctantly) take you. Not as many drop offs and pick ups and at Bikini Beach so drivers are more hesitant.

Would appreciate any info. Thanks, I'm adding a bunch of Bikini Beach photos from the last month. Maybe they will help you make a decision.

See answers in red.

IMG_1804.JPG

IMG_1783.JPG

IMG_1801.JPG

IMG_2288.JPG

IMG_2291.JPG

My general experience is that when paying bills in foreign currency, a credit card is the best way to go. If you pay cash in USD, they can use whatever exchange rate they want (and you can bet they aren't giving you a favorable rate).

If you pay with your card (and specify to run the transaction in the local currency), you'll get your card's exchange rate which will be reasonable.

My general experience is that when paying bills in foreign currency, a credit card is the best way to go. If you pay cash in USD, they can use whatever exchange rate they want (and you can bet they aren't giving you a favorable rate).

If you pay with your card (and specify to run the transaction in the local currency), you'll get your card's exchange rate which will be reasonable.

I understand that logic, but I have been in St Maartin and had them take the US and EUR even, at par (price in the menu was in EUR but cost the same if paying in US currency). Which would be a significant savings if I were to pay cash over converting the EUR to US.

That is why i was wondering if anyone experienced converting. :)

I understand that logic, but I have been in St Maartin and had them take the US and EUR even, at par (price in the menu was in EUR but cost the same if paying in US currency). Which would be a significant savings if I were to pay cash over converting the EUR to US.

That is why i was wondering if anyone experienced converting. :)

If they'll take a buck for a Euro, that's a great deal!