Metal balconies

devonport

Hi All,

We are the QE sailing this Wednesday, have been allocated deck 4, stbd forward.

It says these are metal balconies, not glass? Has anyone stayed in these cabins? If so what are they like, any restrictions? Also any noise from the theatre below?

Thanks

We had one once and I’m sorry to say we hated it. We hated having to stand up to see the sea, though the balcony was a very generous size and got plenty of sun. We definitely could hear the musicians and singers rehearsing, not very loudly, but enough to annoy.

What was awful though, was being so far forward, we felt every single wave crash into the bow and an associated judder, so I was very sick.

Definitely not for us I’m afraid.

Count me in as one who was happy with a metal fronted balcony on QE. We were in cabin 4038 for a Mediterranean cruise in 2012. That's not as far forward as some of the others who have replied. We did feel the motion during rough weather although I didn't find it particularly bothersome. We missed a port call at Naples because of rough weather during that cruise. Here is a photo I took from our balcony showing a bow wave breaking below us that day.

24032160108_bc07f64691_c.jpg

Regards, John

We also liked the metal fronted balcony we had on QE last year. Nice big balcony and didn't notice any extra motion despite a rough Bay of Biscay crossing. It didn't bother us that we couldn't see straight out and the metal ribs on the balcony front were useful as shelves and for feet!! Would certainly have one again.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Forums mobile app

And another upvote for the deck 4 balconies, we had one on the QE last year, and liked it so much we've booked one on the opposite site of the ship for next month's cruise to the Canaries

wp-image-234898918jpg.jpg?ssl=1

Breakfast at Katakolon

Jim

I’ve stayed in cabin 4040 on QE and the metal balcony front was no problem at all. The location was very quiet, even though the lifts are nearby. I didn’t feel any particular movement either apart from a couple of judders when the ship seemed to bounce! I’d certainly stay in that location again.

Enjoy your cruise

We're just back from 17 nights on QE, and had 4040 metal fronted balcony.

Second time we've had one and we love them - more privacy in port (no-one can see through the glass from outside the ship), bigger balconies on deck 4, extremely convenient to decks 2 and 3, where we spend most time during sea days, and best cabin steward(ess), Shirley, we've ever had.

No problem with noise or movement, very near the forward lifts. The only downsides are no view of the sea when in bed or seated, and it's a bit of a walk to/from Britannia Restaurant. However, it's an easy ride up to deck 10 and the Commodore Club:D.

Hi All,

We are the QE sailing this Wednesday, have been allocated deck 4, stbd forward.

It says these are metal balconies, not glass? Has anyone stayed in these cabins? If so what are they like, any restrictions? Also any noise from the theatre below?

Thanks

I personally hate the metal balconies. I like to sit out on mine and be able to see the see or the port. Heard nothing from the theatre. Will not book one again. Just my personal preference. Have a good cruise.