can anyone help please

we are on the crossing in November

on board the QM2 to NY

are we allowed to take our own food snacks on board

also big question can we take a

19" TV for our disabled daughter

who watches Disney films all day

thank you alf

You can bring on food & snacks within reason as long as they don't require refrigeration (the in room fridges aren't very cold nor very large). We like to have some spicy snack mix in the room.

The TV in the room has some input ports that are accessible but I don't recall which ports are there. Maybe you could see if your player fit an accessible port.

A 19" flat panel should fit on the desk or on the shelf above the refrigerator (there used to be a TV there before they put the larger flat panel on the wall). I hope you don't plan to carry a CRT TV with you.

As has been stated, no problem with food and drink. Bring what you want.

I've never heard of anyone bringing a TV on board. Not sure what their ruling might be. probably best if you call them to ask.

Alternatively, why not just bring a DVD player or games console? or download everything on to a laptop and use it as a TV.

Good luck either way.

Stewart

I have taken a small Blu ray player before and hooked it up via the HDMI socket.

Or if they enjoy films and you have a smart phone with SD card , just download to the card on the phone, Then turn on screen mirroring on the TV and the phone, away you go , and no Internet required.

But it was a long trip we were on.

My husband brings his flat screen computer monitor with him as he likes to work with 2 screens when he is doing his work - don't ask me why. It fits on the desk when in use, and we keep it in the space between the bedside table and the sofa in a Britannia balcony cabin when not in use.

We watch movies on the TV in the cabin using our computer and an HMDI cable which plugs in to the side of the TV.