At last! It's RADIANCE cruise day!

We've only waited and planned for 9 months since we booked but..... at last, our Radiance cruise day has arrived!

Neither my 87-year old Mum nor myself had too much sleep last night! Too excited! We've heard nothing but good reviews so we're very much looking forward to it.

Of course, knowing that my 2 sons & 5 grandchildren in Perth are exciting about us arriving by cruise ship is also heartening! :)

I'll try to update each day to keep other Radiance watchers informed.

Gae

just backing out towards the bridge now!

We're feeling quite disorientated on this ship but I guess we'll find our way around soon enough!

Our flight down from Coffs was delayed by 2 hours so we didn't board until after 2.30.

BTW I'm sure that Graham who says he works at the Terminal is just a myth as I've never seen him even though I've asked other staff members "where is he?".

Anyway the bridge, opera house & foreshores are full of people waving goodbye.

We are presently in the top lounge on Deck 13 where the Concierge & Diamond lounges are. Not too many "plebs" up here with us. It doesn't show up on the onboard deck plan but I found it shown on my RCI brochure mentioned as Viking Crown Lounge just ad we've found on every RCI ship.

Next report from Brisbane.

Gae

Just a heads up.

When we called at Brisbane the shipped docked at Fisherman's Island which is a bulk grain terminal in the middle of nowhere! Royal Caribbean was charging $12 per person each way for the shuttle bus into town and it was a 40 minute ride. As, at that time, we were living at Warwick, only 2 hours out of Brisbane, we decided to stay on the ship.

just backing out towards the bridge now!

We're feeling quite disorientated on this ship but I guess we'll find our way around soon enough!

Our flight down from Coffs was delayed by 2 hours so we didn't board until after 2.30.

BTW I'm sure that Graham who says he works at the Terminal is just a myth as I've never seen him even though I've asked other staff members "where is he?".

Gae

Gae :eek: What do you mean I am just a myth. .... a legend maybe:D :D not a myth. I was there today VIP check in agent #21. I did go for a break around 2:15 so maybe I wasn't around when you checked in ( there are also a lot of new staff this year and I guess it is possible they do not know who I am......but they will :D. Don't know if you are having a CC meet and mingle on this cruise bit if you do ask Aussie FF as I checked them in today Have a great cruise and I will see you next time maybe.

We've only waited and planned for 9 months since we booked but..... at last, our Radiance cruise day has arrived!

Neither my 87-year old Mum nor myself had too much sleep last night! Too excited! We've heard nothing but good reviews so we're very much looking forward to it.

Of course, knowing that my 2 sons & 5 grandchildren in Perth are exciting about us arriving by cruise ship is also heartening! :)

I'll try to update each day to keep other Radiance watchers informed.

Gae

9 months, that's nothing. We just booked the Radiance South Pacific cruise for March 31, 2015. :eek:

Have a great time. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on Radiance compared to voyager.

We will be on radiance in December

The most significant difference between the two is that Radiance is a more "conventional" cruiseship - similar to many others we have been on. She has a Central Atrium -- a BIG one, bigger than any other that we have seen -- but Voyager has a Central "Avenue" which goes from one end of the ship to the other. It really is impossible for me to compare them - they are like chalk and cheese -- EXCEPT that they are both cruiseships :) . Possibly I prefer Voyager -- but it is really hard to say. I would go on either again -- or rather, I wouldn't go on either again, as there are far too many other cruiseships that we haven't yet been on and we are now getting too old to repeat life experiences :)

Barry

Hi all - greetings from Brisbane!

A little about the ship - well the little I've discovered so far:

Assessable Cabin - oceanview 4006

This is probably about 1 metre wider than a convential OV cabin to accommodate a wheelchair and the larger bathroom with all it's grab rails, fold down shower seat etc. No danger of water flowing out of the bathroom as there is plenty of drainage. It would have been great to have a little night light in there but we brought battery operated candles which allow enough light to use the WC at night.

Plenty of storage throughout the cabin. There are 2 heights for hanging clothes so Mum uses the lower rail.

There is a frig but NO jug even though we asked for one. "sorry madam. This is not the Rhapsody and if I give you one I'll have to give everyone a jug"!!

The other difference I noticed is that we have a large round window rather than the normal square one.

There is lots of walking involved being at the pointy end of the ship which is convenient for the theatre but most everything else is at the stern.

We go up the Deck 5, walk through the shops then take the back lifts up to the other areas.

Windjammer: my favorite muesli - really a porridge with lots of fruit & nuts in it is available like we found on Voyager & missed on Rhapsody and my favorite seed bread which I have toasted twice until it's crunchy so I'm happy. Plenty to choose from for lunch of course.

There are lots of seating areas and some use the 2 side restaurants or the stern seating area in busy times.

Dining Room: we have My Time Dining so are on Level 5 of the Dining Room. The first evening we wandered in at 8.45 and were served, eaten and out of there within 30 minutes. I highly recommend the slow-cooked prime rib! It melted in my mouth!

Last night we went in earlier, straight after the Captain's address, as did most others so there was a 10-15 minute line-up before we were seated. Again we were in and out within half an hour. This time I had the Angus sliced beef. Very nice!

More later.......

Gae :eek: What do you mean I am just a myth. .... a legend maybe:D :D not a myth. I was there today VIP check in agent #21. I did go for a break around 2:15 so maybe I wasn't around when you checked in ( there are also a lot of new staff this year and I guess it is possible they do not know who I am......but they will :D. Don't know if you are having a CC meet and mingle on this cruise bit if you do ask Aussie FF as I checked them in today Have a great cruise and I will see you next time maybe.

LOL! OK Graham! Not a myth then! Yes you would have been on your break when we arrived but...... being just lowly Platinum members we aren't VIP's so would have missed you anyway!

We didn't make the M&M as it was held at the time that we were cruising past our home ports of Nambucca Heads & Coffs Harbour & we were trying out our new binoculars!

Gae

LOL! OK Graham! Not a myth then! Yes you would have been on your break when we arrived but...... being just lowly Platinum members we aren't VIP's so would have missed you anyway!

We didn't make the M&M as it was held at the time that we were cruising past our home ports of Nambucca Heads & Coffs Harbour & we were trying out our new binoculars!

Gae

Gae. I missed the m and m also. Was at the Captains Cocktail party. I'm in 7672. Must meet up at some stage. We are mtd at about 8.35. The old guy with the walker.

Gae. I missed the m and m also. Was at the Captains Cocktail party. I'm in 7672. Must meet up at some stage. We are mtd at about 8.35. The old guy with the walker.

Hi Raina

Did your Dad go on a ship's tour - Leisurely Brisbane on his own this

morning? He's the only man I've seen with a walker.

We go to the 8.45 shows so will be well & truly out of the dining room by the time you dine.

We have 3 sea days ahead of us so we'll make a time & place to meet up to say "hello"!

Mum gets tired quickly so spends a lot of time resting in the cabin whilst I gad about, checking out the ship & taking photos.

Gae